Disposing of broken speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
    What's odd to me, is that as a resident of the US midwest, I had never heard of it until a few years ago.
    Yuengling used to have a pretty small local distribution area.
    When I lived in York PA in the 80s, it was advertised on the local TV station, but I could never find it in a bar.

-rb

PS: PA also had some of the wackiest alcohol sales laws in the universe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoho...f_Pennsylvania
    Last edited by rjb; 10-02-2017, 03:48 PM.
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
      Local little scrap yard takes all old speakers and tranny's I box up along with lawnmowers, washing machine etc.

They weigh the van on the way in and then again when it's empty.
      Ok for somethings, but lead (car batts.) and copper should be worth more I think. Transformers should also be worth more than metal due to all the copper.
      I keep them all separate, there are scrappers that come around the rural areas and pick-up. Basic metal is one price, batteries, copper, and radiators are more valuable. They acknowledge that the transformers contain a lot of copper and adjust accordingly.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Me unwinding a tranny before scrapping it can be the difference between $.07/lb & ~$2.00/lb. Copper definitely worth more. If I just take in a tranny, they only see steel. I've often wanted to go collect the wheel weight buckets at auto shops, too... they just recycle them. Don't think they get paid for them.

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

After moving recently I had a few blown speakers that needed to be taken somewhere. I thought first about rebuilding the speakers to get practice at fixing them, but just did not see the benefit to cost opposed to buying new ones. Of course I started searching google for any ideas that other people had to repurpose blown speakers. I only found a few pics that showed making them into lamps and that was about it.

Might work if you have some really old speaker and some know how to weld. Anyway I ended giving them to the goodwill... Oh well.
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            I have been buying dollar beer lately. $1 for a 24 ounce can.
            As a beer is typically 12oz, you're two drinking 50 cent beers.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyP1955 View Post
              As a beer is typically 12oz, you're two drinking 50 cent beers.
              That depends on how you look at it. Keystone is only halfway toward being a legitimate beer so it evens out.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                That depends on how you look at it. Keystone is only halfway toward being a legitimate beer so it evens out.
                You can always use it to catch garden slugs.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I live next door to a brewery, I can buy a fresh pint of a Belgian triple ale or whatever, whenever I like. But beer need not be fancy to wash down a hot dog. In fact I do that math. Three large cans is equivalent to a six pack of 12 ouncers. And even the cheap BS beer never sells for $3 a six. Plus the six pack means 60 cents deposit instead of only 30 cents with the big guys.

I look at it like Harbor Freight. Some of their stuff is junk, but why pay $15 for a flashlight, when the same thing is a buck or even free at HF?
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

there's a point to be made for cheap beer ... why spend a lot of money? you don't really buy it, you only rent it.

if you live next to a brewery Enzo, I'm surprised that you buy beer at all. I'd think you'd just make regular visits to the tasting room.
                    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

You have a point, but I'd rather rent the penthouse two weeks a year than rent the storage shed all year long...

Personally, I don't buy cheap beer, but I'll drink it. I think nearly any beer can have at least one redeeming quality besides being cheap...

Speakers, on the other hand, they don't like ANY kind of beer. Beer makes them want to visit the reconer or scrapyard. Hey, I had to bring this around somehow...

Justin
                      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Just goes to prove that beer can make any thread interesting

Comment

It is not a huge Budweiser plant, it is one of the local breweries that are springing up everywhere. The tasting room serves pints and charges for them. Interesting to me that they can't sell a pint of anything over like 8%, so I can get a 12oz. Nothing prevents me from ordering two 12oz but they can't serve one 16 ounce.

https://badbrewing.com/menu/

Cheap beer is like a cheap hamburger. I like a nice prime rib with a bake potato, or BBQ ribs. Hamburgers, I like the big fancy ones, maybe with sauteed onions. I like steamed blue crabs like we had fresh from the bay in MAryland. But sometimes I am doing stuff and just want a cheap burger, or if I feel fancy, maybe an Arby. Not that I prefer them, but they are what suits me at the time. Likewise I have bought many hot dogs off the roller pipes at the Speedway stations. When I am in the mood for something, but not cola, and tired of iced tea, a can of lawnmower beer hits the spot.

In fact lawnmowing is a good example. After mowing the large lawn on a hot summer day, I don't want to sit and sip a Belgian tripel, I just want a cold quaffing drink.

And speakers? I am speaking for cheap beer...
                          Last edited by Enzo; 10-03-2017, 06:03 AM.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the penthouse for two weeks, but I still need shelter the other 50 weeks of the year.

Comment

Electronic Waste Junk Disposal Service.

As for your confusion of how well the electronic wastes are disposed off, there are junk disposal service in GTA that process electronic and appliances waste removal in a standard well equipped procedure. You wouldn’t have to worry about the standards and environmental damage the disposal might cause when hiring them for your junk removal. They look into every possible methods and choose the right option in organizing the waste management which they haul in their bin rentals.
                              There might be people like them over your area. Just try them out.
                              ROBERT :)

Comment

Oh good, the spambots are here to take away the speakers!

Comment

Working...
                                X