• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody tried these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-LED-Pi...75.c100623.m-1
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
      I also forgot to ask...does anyone know of a wrench that can actually fit into the sloped Fender panels to get at that huge hex nut? I usually have a proper tool for everything, but this one has baffled me for years.
      Nope... I use the ol' bent flat-tip screwdriver and hammer, tap a facet on that nut until it loosens then spin it off. Other way 'round to tighten 'er up, then maybe a dot of glue to make sure the big nut doesn't loosen on its own.

Credit for this technique goes to John Muir, author of the popular "Idiot's Guide," how to take care of your own Volkswagen.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I'm with Leo, just put a screwdriver against a corner of the nut and tap it loose... or tight. Like electricians do on junction boxes.

In fact if you look at romex clamps, the nut even has little bumps on the corners for this very reason.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	halex-conduit-fittings-05120-64_1000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	847672
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I hadn't seen these LED pilot light replacrment bulbs. I noticed the auction page stated 6.3VDC. So, one does have to add a rectifier diode in series. I'll order some to give a look. Thanks
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I just received a 5-pack of these White LED lamp bulbs that The Dude mentioned in post # 16. Never having seen them before, I wasn't certain if they're just a plug-in and it works part, or if you had to alter the bulb socket wiring. Checking first with a DMM, they light up in only one current direction under that test. I next tried it cautiously with a 1k resistor in series from a low source impedance generator, and found they begin conducting at around 2.2V RMS, and was working in both directions (swapping leads) with 6.3VAC applied. I then removed the 1k series resistor, and set the Fluke 8060A for 20mA AC range, and ran the generator up again. It pulls about 16mA @ 6.3VAC, so these ARE indeed a plug-in part to replace Type 47 incandescent bulbs! I haven't yet installed one behind the Red Jewel lens on a Fender, but will do so the next time I have one on the bench.

So, thanks for the suggestion !!
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
              I put some in different Fender SF Amps, they are working fine and give a good pilot light, it's just plug'n' light.

Comment

Working...
              X