Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epiphone Galaxie 25 - Anyone want a job? :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Galaxie 25 - Anyone want a job? :-)

Hiya friends!

I have had an amazing artist paint the cabinet of an Epiphone Galaxie 25 for me because I liked the shape and size of it - and the amp sounded....well...sufficient for my needs at the time :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ampside2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	431.8 KB
ID:	873023

Now I find myself actually using the amp quite often and I really wish it would sound a bit better. I'm looking for more of a Princeton/Tweed clean sound.

I've replaced the stock Celestion 12" speaker now with a nice Jensen Alnico but I am still left wanting for something a lot nicer from the amp.
    I'm not much for modding and I don't have time anyway. I'd prefer to just replace the whole amp with a good kit or custom built amp and just lose the Epiphone name altogether.

Does anybody have a solid suggestion here? Someone needing a new project for both the karma and the cash?

Let me know....
    Russ

LOVE the paint job, doubly so because it includes my personal Goddess

That said: your amp is alredy very Fendery, quite similar to blackface Princeton Reverb, just using EL84 instead of 6V6

That must sound very good, and doubly so with an improved classic type speaker.

I fear you expect too much about rolling back amplifier type and sound a decade or more, and go down from push pull to single ended.
    Doubly so if expecting
    Princeton/Tweed clean sound.
    I am under the very strong impression that you will be disappointed after all the work and expense

Labels "donīt sound" but if the current one bothers you, just junk it in the nearest dumpster and *enjoy* your current amp which holds a lot of potential.

You already walked the most important step forward: the speaker.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Killer paint job!
      I agree with Juan. It's hard for me to imagine a
      Princeton/Tweed clean sound
      as being
      something a lot nicer from the amp
      If your amp isn't sounding "good" maybe it's time for new tubes. If you like a SE 6v6 sound, there are lots of new amps like that pretty cheap, though they are not usually bought for their clean sound.
      Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Working...
      X