• Show
Clear All

• Help! Champion 600 Power switch issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	5DC1DA43-8C47-4E4A-8219-2CAED3B521FC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	873073

I picked up a champion 600 with extremely busted power switch. Someone suggested that I could cut off the clips and put on a standard Carling switch. But I don’t know where the four wires go and if the green wire needs connected to one of the three poles can someone please tell me what to do via the picture I posted? Time is of the essence!

It’s a carling 3 pole switch I just need to know where I attach the white and black wires. Which pole is which and is one of the poles a ground I should jump the green wire to or just black/black on pole 1 and white/white on pole 2... dig?

Comment

That switch won't work. You need DPST type.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

That stinks... I’ll hunt one

Comment

Thank you though!

Comment

Name:	273B2A3A-26E4-4D0A-B9D9-6338F965D249.jpeg
Size:	966.2 KB
ID:	847811Click image for larger version

Name:	273B2A3A-26E4-4D0A-B9D9-6338F965D249.jpeg
Size:	966.2 KB
ID:	847811

Comment

When I do get it, which Poles does the power cable go to which poles do the interior wires go to?

Comment

The green of the AC cord does not go to the switch. It is supposed to connect directly to the chassis with it's own bolt.
                The white and black from the AC cord should go to the 2 end lugs of the switch. The other white and black should go to the center lugs.
                The 2 whites should be on the same side of the switch, same as the 2 blacks. (not criss-crossed)
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here you can see where the green wire should be screwed to the chassis.

Name:	600gnd.jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	847812
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                  X