Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Hum on Fender Twin Reverb 65 reissue when standby swith is off (play mode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jalexquijano View Post
    Finally replaced all 7 cathode resistor. Nevertheless, while during the extraction of solder required to remove and replace the last one, the trace pad of one of the terminal was lifted and damaged. Is it fine if i just solder the leg of the cathode capacitor directly to the terminal of the resistor next in the circuit? or could this be a problem futher on?
    That can be done, or you can scrape off the solder mask of the trace where you lifted the pad, fold the resistor lead over and tack-solder it in place. Solder Pad adhesion failure on Fender's PCB's is way too common, even with the best soldering techniques.. You first have to get the solder off the folded leads, so you can then carefully break the bond between teh lead and solder pad with flush-cutting dikes, bend the leads up, and invariably, have to hit the joint again to get the part out.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I have an additional 22uf 50v radial cathode capacitor. Should i remove the one that is not soldered properly, insert this new one and solder one of the leads to the next pad where the resistor that continues the circuit is soldered?

Comment

Originally posted by jalexquijano View Post
        Finally replaced all 7 cathode resistor. Nevertheless, while during the extraction of solder required to remove and replace the last one, the trace pad of one of the terminal was lifted and damaged. Is it fine if i just solder the leg of the cathode capacitor directly to the terminal of the resistor next in the circuit? or could this be a problem futher on?
        One more reason to not replace things you don't need to.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
        X