Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate BT-25 Noise Gate Issue

Hey guys
    I'm working on a Crate BT-25 bass amp that's having a problem with it's distortion channel. When you play through it, certain notes have a strange decay, like a clipping. This isn't happening on the clean channel. From what i can gather the amp has a built-in noise gate on the distortion channel and i think that's what's acting up with the clipping. However, i can't for the life of me find what is activating the gate on the schematic. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PWA Bass Amplifier PCB Schematics (848SCH_A).pdf

I'd have to see a noise gate in there before I'd think about what might be activating it. And I don't.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      I'd have to see a noise gate in there before I'd think about what might be activating it. And I don't.
      I wasn't seeing one either, but then the manual states "NOTE: The BT25/BT50 employs an internal noise gate to keep residual noise to a minimum".

Comment

Furthermore, "regardless of which channel is selected, the Clean channel's Level control (#6) must be turned above "0" for the noise gate to trigger".
        It is shown on the block diagram:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bt25block.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	847894
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X