Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on series/parallel in HSH guitar

Hello all,
    I have an HSH guitar with a 5 way switch, push/pull volume pot and a mini-on/on dpdt switch. I want to activate the mini switch with the pot in the "out" position. When activated, I'd like to have one position on the mini-switch to go series on the inside coils of the neck and bridge humbuckers and have the other position on the mini switch activate the outer two coils (when the pot is pushed "in" I'd like normal operation). I'm not sure what notch position the main 5-way pickup selector would need to be in to get this done. Also, I'm not even sure if a 5-way selector will even work. Would I need a megaswitch for this? Also, any help on the wiring would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I remember this place being slightly more active.

Comment

I'm still having a heckuva time wrapping my head around this one (feel like a calculus exam question!), but the place I'd start from is to treat the guitar like it was a dual HB instrument and simply adopt the megaswitch wiring for PRS guitars that you can easily find over at the Stewart-McDonald website. This will show you how to get inner and outer coil arrangements.

Once the 5-way is wired appropriately, you can either use the toggle to switch the single-coil on or off and the push/pull to switch phase, or vice versa. At least that's what seems simplest to me. YMMV

Comment

Working...
      X