Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone put a fuse in seies with another fuse, you might ask? I’ll tell you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone put a fuse in seies with another fuse, you might ask? I’ll tell you

Click image for larger version

Name:	9B7C2C2C-1FC2-4DFF-8279-3BAAFD632265.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	873152

To protect some friggin’ ding dong from themselves by putting in a 10A fuse in when it clearly says 4A.

Name:	7A89939F-3DA9-4886-8BD5-193C5277A4ED.jpeg
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	873153
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

This makes me sad... yet, perhaps I should do the same to all my own builds...

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I hadn't seen that done before. Is that a factory design or a tech added feature. I could imagine Randall Aiken doing something like this. The logic is flawless.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Isn't Ampeg V4 wired like that? Saves the amp from idiots stuffing tin foil, car fuses,etc......

Comment

Originally posted by 1ampman View Post
          Isn't Ampeg V4 wired like that? Saves the amp from idiots stuffing tin foil, car fuses,etc......
          And the ubiquitous fuse wrapped in cigarette pack foil I'd be lying if I said I never did that before learning better

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

"some friggin’ ding dong"

That is so Yankee!! Said the guy from Maine.
            It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Yes, Ampeg did that decades ago. I have seen others do it as well.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]46139[/ATTACH]

To protect some friggin’ ding dong from themselves by putting in a 10A fuse in when it clearly says 4A.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46140[/ATTACH]
                But I can only find a 10A fuse at the auto parts store!
                "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                  "some friggin’ ding dong"

That is so Yankee!! Said the guy from Maine.
                  So you’re a Maine-iac, yeah? You’ll appreciate this.
                  How do you tell the difference between a Moose, and a woman from Maine?
                  ... the woman’s the one wearing the flannel.
                  If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
                    So you’re a Maine-iac, yeah? You’ll appreciate this.
                    ... the woman’s the one wearing the flannel.
                    I was going to say "When found dead in the road, the moose will have skid marks in front of it."

Comment

"So you’re a Maine-iac, yeah? You’ll appreciate this.
                      ... the woman’s the one wearing the flannel."

Meh. Probably as much as you appreciate the whole Masshole thing I suppose.
                      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Come on guys.. we have all done it. Take a set break 3/4s through the night, flip the standby switch, fuse blows, you got one spare but it blows too! You take the power tubes out, wrap them in a bar towel and toss them lightly on a carpeted surface. Put them back in, foil around the fuse..... flip the standby and play the last set. Got me through the night a couple of times back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ampman View Post
                          Acoustic 370 has internal fuse too. Sometimes you can buy "broken" Acoustic 370 with internal fuse blown

Comment

Very wise move by Ampeg.

My childhood friend and bassist still gives me crap about using tin foil on his Bassman.

Comment

Name:	fuzez.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	847969

Comment

Working...
                              X