Carlsbro Viper 100 W bass combo - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlsbro Viper 100 W bass combo - need help

I have got a Carlsbro Viper 100 W bass amp cheep and would like to get it to work.
    The problem is that it continue to blow the internal fuse and I dont have a schematic to confirm if everything is ok.

I would appreciate any help for first level trouble shooting.

My problem is that the 2.5 A internal fuses keep getting burned when I connect the black wire. The wire carry 220 V from the input on the trafo and I dont know if someone has done a home-repare on the amp before. the soldering on the trafo does look like a DIY job.

/Henrik lyngeClick image for larger version

Name:	CarlsBro_Viper_100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	873158
    Last edited by hlynge; 12-17-2017, 04:57 PM. Reason: Added picure

Don't connect the black cable there.
    From the pictures in your other post (http://music-electronics-forum.com/t45631/#post474058), both the wires in that black cable go to the power transformer.
    You are shorting them out when you connect to that thermal breaker.
    Chances are that the transformer end is mis-wired, but you won't know til you find the schematic.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks - I also think that the trafo is mis-wired. How will find out what voltage should be on the output end of the trafo. Would there normally be other places where you would feed direct 220 V ??

I would guess that the Termal braker that pass throught current when cold should be part of the circuit that feed the trafo so when it gets warm it cut the current to the trafo. the current wiring is likely wrong but do you have any better suggestion ????

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trafo_1.jpg
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	847977Click image for larger version

Name:	Trafo_2.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	847978
      Last edited by hlynge; 12-17-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The thermal breaker is that round part at the other end of the black cable.
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi Unfortunately I do not have the schematic. Good luck with repair.
          It shouldn't be too difficult. I have repaired some in the past with great success. But its been a while..

Comment

It turns out the power transformer wiring is ok.

Please direct any further discussion to the other post here:
            http://music-electronics-forum.com/t45631/

Comment

Working...
            X