Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what?
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

It's her 'lifestyle' brand.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

sorry I missed your joke -- i'm not in that loop.

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Me neither. But when you said goop was expensive, I had to google it. Guess what came up.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goop_(company)
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

"Vaginal Steaming".

WTH.

Comment

I've had a couple of Bel flangers from the late 70s that have sanded-off part numbers and have been re-stickered with an in- house number. I got one unit working, but the other unit has two defective ICs. I got in touch with the manufacturer and they sent me some 4000-series CMOS part numbers which I already knew were incorrect, but tried them anyway at their suggestion and they smoked.

The problems came down to their lack of schematics - they said that in the early days there were many different variations and no record of the changes. I still have one defective unit and cannot determine what those ICs are. I've even considered buying one of those inexpensive chip identifiers to see if I can tell what the chips are. It's a stereo unit with two identical boards, one working, one not.

Comment

Service data can be a real problem. Some houses have such sloppy recordkeeping that they couldn't provide you with ECO if they wanted to. Others have good data, but refuse to let it out. It's frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  "Vaginal Steaming".

WTH.
                  Steaming is for potatoes. Vaginals should always be poached.
                  "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                  You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

If god did not intend them to be eaten, he would never have made them look so much like a taco.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X