Some surplus deals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some surplus deals.

Went over to Michigan State Univ today with a load of recycling. That depot is across from their Surplus outlet. Found a few interesting items.

Peavey Special 150, Scorpion 12", asking $125. Didn't look too bad. Price was marked down, I;d offer $100 and see if they take it.

Very nice rack cabinet, about 5 foot tall, nice glass door in front, totally enclosed. Even has a couple rack chassis in it for something. Only asking $25. A steal. On wheels. Probably was a server rack.

A Ramsa WR-S4424, a 24x4x2 mixer. Was asking $600, been marked down to $300 now $150. I couldn;t plug it in, the note said it works. Like this one:
    https://reverb.com/item/10296-ramsa-...stom-road-case

A pair of JBL speakers, I don't know the cab model, a largish box with 2x15". A pair of horn flares with JBL 2418H-1 drivers, and a pair of crossovers for the horns, model 3622N HF. SImilar to 3622 model here:
    3622N, 4622N & 4622 Screen Array

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/The...ries/3622N.pdf

The old price tags are crossed out, I think they want to move them, and should be cheap.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

I've got a lot of rack gear that needs a rack. Been looking for one off and on for a long time. I'd be all over that server rack. Worth every penny.

I'd be all over those JBLs too ... except that my new year's resolution is to make space, not take space. I could justify the rack though.

Sub-zero winter is a really bad time to be doing that sort of thing.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

The wheels on the rack alone are worth more than $25.

bob, you are in Chicago, there are a number of universities there. I suspect most of them have a surplus disposal operation and probably similar deals to be had locally for you. I visit my local one at MSU all the time.

MSU usually has various server racks in there. MAny are empty, but many times ther are still pieces of rack gear in them. Servers are gone, but distribution amps or other accessory items often remain. Good prices.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I monitor the Chicago university stuff online. the problem is that there are 3 million other people here. Not the case in East Lansing. Server racks go for hundreds of dollars around here because there are 3 million people and someone else will be interested. Less competition in East Lansing, so you can get the rack for about 1/20 of what it costs in Chicago.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I look at the online stuff too, but it tends to be higher value stuff. Around here they don't advertise bench supplies or old HP200 series oscillators. They advertise large things. When I wear out a keyboard on my computer, I buy a used Dell over there for $5 and it lasts another few years. Variacs appear for $15-30. I snag them, because they WILL be gone by the end of the day.

The Lansing area is close to half a million. East Lansing is not isolated.

Comment

Working...
          X