Joyo Ultimate Drive Bypass Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyo Ultimate Drive Bypass Troubleshooting

A few days ago I played around with my Joyo Ultimate Drive and recognized that if Level is turned all the way down, it not only cuts down the drive signal, but also the dry signal (pedal bypassed). The signal blends in from zero to about 8 o'clock, after 8 o'clock it remains on the same level.
    Of course this is not the normal working condition, but I'd like to fix this obvious malfunction.
    I thought it could be an unwanted ground connection, but the error persists even with the PCB removed from the chassis.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a schematic, which includes the bypass-circuit. I read that the pedal uses the Millenium Bypass, but as far as I understand, this circuit is a true bypass with status LED realised with a dpdt switch, but there is a 3pdt switch used at least in my Ultimate Drive.
    So, I don't really know where to start...

Measure the resistances on the switch, chances are they are way above zero ohms when the contacts are touching.

Comment

The switch seems to work properly, 0,3 Ohm on all 6 contacts depending on position.

Comment

Originally posted by ruepselrum View Post
        A few days ago I played around with my Joyo Ultimate Drive and recognized that if Level is turned all the way down, it not only cuts down the drive signal, but also the dry signal (pedal bypassed). The signal blends in from zero to about 8 o'clock, after 8 o'clock it remains on the same level.
        Of course this is not the normal working condition, but I'd like to fix this obvious malfunction.
        I thought it could be an unwanted ground connection, but the error persists even with the PCB removed from the chassis.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a schematic, which includes the bypass-circuit. I read that the pedal uses the Millenium Bypass, but as far as I understand, this circuit is a true bypass with status LED realised with a dpdt switch, but there is a 3pdt switch used at least in my Ultimate Drive.
        So, I don't really know where to start...
        There are two different Ultimate drive: what they are with real bypass and those that include a buffer. If your pedal is like this, it has a buffer included. No Millenium bypass in it.
        The written notes to convert it to real bypass are (from superior to inferior):
        - Extract the two capacitors
        - Desolder the orange wire from there
        - Connect it there.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X