Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danelectro Wiring Diagram - Like DC 59 But Without Concentric Pots (Pics Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro Wiring Diagram - Like DC 59 But Without Concentric Pots (Pics Inside)

I was doing some maintenance on my beater guitar and a bunch of loose solders had come undone. Is anyone able to give me a diagram of how to rewire this up? It's 2 lipstick pickups (3 wires each, not sure what's what), a 3 way switch (3 lugs in the middle and one off to the side), one volume, and one tone. I keep finding diagrams for the version of this guitar with the stacked concentric pots but can't find one for what I have. Pics below, any help is greatly appreciated so I can get this thing wired back up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1934.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	873222

Name:	IMG_3671.JPG
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	873223

Thanks!

The way that pickup switch is grounded on one end makes me think the pickups were wired in series. The switch is probably an on-off-on and the 4th tab is just a ground connection. I don't have and can't find an actual Danelectro schematic, but it should be much like the Duo-sonic. Colors may, or may not, be different and you'll have to trace them out, but here's that wiring diagram. The pickups are in series and the switch shorts out one or the other, depending on switch position- or neither if in the middle.

Name:	duosonic.gif
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	848236
    Last edited by The Dude; 01-12-2018, 11:44 PM.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks, that worked great

Comment

Hey dude! I’m having the opposite problem—can’t find a diagram w/ concentric pots, which my dc59 has. Still have access to the ones you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by hossbossman View Post
          can’t find a diagram w/ concentric pots, which my dc59 has.
          Try this one: http://dennysguitars.homestead.com/D...ml#anchor_1033

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X