Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken EDC SR-99 drum machine

Hi.

Flushed with success from my boss dr-55 fix (see other thread), I decided to have a go at my broken EDC SR-99 drum machine.
    This is different to both the dr-55 and sr-88 machines, so the schematics aren't that much use. (the '99 is more complex)

The problem is that I can't get the damned thing to go into 'pattern write' mode. It stays in "play" mode, and the start/stop buttons just do exactly that, not program sounds.
    I have replaced the 4011 (although it's socketed and the socket may be dodgy -someone else did that..) and also the TC5514 memory chip. No luck.

I cannot find a schematic or service manual for the sr-99 anywhere.. can anyone help, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Here's a link to my blog about this project: https://synteknik.com/projects/curre...sr-99-project/

Comment

Where do the sounds come from and why are they not there? When the unit was brand new you could play sounds without programming couldn't you?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The patterns are stored in the SRAM chip. They get wiped if the battery is disconnected, and/or you replace the chip, which I have.

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you meant it doesn't play or write.
          So it will play the factory sounds, but won't go into 'pattern write' mode?
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That seems to be the problem, yes.
            Sorry about the delay, I got distracted by another shiny project (Hohner EK 2)

Comment

Attached is a 5514 datasheet. Check for any action on the read/write pin when you activate pattern write button (and I hope you have verified the button switch).
              If no action on the R/W pin, trace back from it and see where it is getting that command from.
              I don't have high hopes for this unit without a schematic.

Comment

Working...
              X