Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to MWF Admin: parts section?

Hi Admin,
    In BuildYourAmp there's a kit section etc. Any chance to make a separate section for parts discussions, e.g. I found part X at this place Y, etc.?
    THanks,
    MP
    Sorry, meant MEF of course
    The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

What is wrong with posting such right where you posted this post?

Just my own opinion, and speaking for no one but myself, I am all for fewer rather than more subsections. The more special categories we have the more it gets divided into little narrow interests. I am attracted to threads by their title and title content, not what subsection it is in.

For example, I do not wind pickups and do any luthier work, so I never visit those sections. But in the activity stream, a post in one of those sections can catch my eye because it also impacts other areas. I then go to the post, which I otherwise wouldn;t have seen.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Another option would be to have a specific 'parts' post designated as a 'sticky' at the top of an appropriate section.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks. Maybe Im too concerned that I am putting a post 'in the right place. The one thing seemed most difficult was to ask about parts sources. Agreed, though, can post them here, and a sticky would be nice as well.
        The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
        X