No announcement yet.

1965 Alamo 2574 Reverb Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The grounding scheme can easily be changed by adding or removing a little blob of solder on that little PCB that the phono jack is mounted on (if they're still making them like that).

Comment

Back in the olden days before there was a multi character code system for Accutronics tanks, Hammond/Gibbs basically made two types of tanks, "F" and "C".

Type F tanks were used in applications that were driven by a low impedance source such as a transformer output stage and the type C tanks were driven by a high impedance source such as direct from a tube.

I have never seen an authoritative reference to what the F and C stood for, but I was once told by a supplier that the F was for Fender and C was for capacitor, referring to the capacitor coupling to drive the tank. All I know is that C tanks came in some but not all Ampegs, Gibsons and Valco amps. And F tanks were used by every Fender amp made until the early 1970's.

As far as I remember, the early tanks were all made the same way with no specific mounting or other physical restrictions.

Comment

Working...
      X