Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old brittle insulation on circuitry is vibrating/buzzing. Easy solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't want a 'grommet', you want one of these (by any supplier) Original-Strain-Relief-Round

If you have a grommet, or get one from the local hardware store (noting the strain relief is preferred, and also likely available at the store), then put a knot in the power cord inside the chassis to act as slip prevention.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Yes, Thank you! : )

Comment

I've had no problem sourcing stuff like strain reliefs, grommets, etc., from local hardware stores - Mom & Pop, and up to the big boxes seem to have a decent selection - so it's my assumption that with a few well-placed technical descriptions that you will find exactly what you need near at hand. Of course, this assumes you live closer to 'middle america' than 'middle earth'.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X