No announcement yet.

This should be interesting :popcorn:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with that do-rag, I'm thinking that Howard Dumble looks more like the "thieving pirate" than our friend Steve.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

bacon lattice and tomato sandwich.
      YAY! Not even noon here yet, and already Chuck scores...
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Just to make sure I understand the sentiment here: we have to be liberally PC unless we're insulting fat people?

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Hey, my ass is oversized. If you come up with an insult that is funny, swing away.

Whatever it might be, I am sure my wife would work it into her repertoire.

bacon lattice and tomato sandwich.
          Now THAT is funny.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well I have to admit I stole that one from a meme I saw a few years ago with Alexander's image. And no, it's not PC. But hey, there's no Italian jokes? I'm half. I've always been in the camp that funny is funny and if one thing is ok to crack on then everything is. No discrimination here.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Oh, I'm not complaining, Chuck. I thought it was pretty funny. I'm just against the PC trend that's so prevalent, and I like the idea of PC going right out the window. but we do have a prevailing PC trend here in the Lobby.

you made me hungry when you mentioned a BLT. That's health food, you know. Lettuce and tomato.

I still want the Ezno whoopee cushion.

Comment

Lattice and tomato.

The whoopee cushions are now down to the last few, and she is hanging onto them fiercely.

Comment

Dumble doesn't seem as though he's even convinced himself of his own BS, never mind anyone else. I doubt he'd make a very good wild-west snake-oil merchant. Why is the guitar world full of charlatans and false prophets?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
                    Why is the guitar world full of charlatans and false prophets?
                    I think it's for the same reasons the rest of the world is.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                      a bacon lattice and tomato sandwich.
                      Was it an iceberg crystal lattice?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
                        Dumble doesn't seem as though he's even convinced himself of his own BS, never mind anyone else. I doubt he'd make a very good wild-west snake-oil merchant. Why is the guitar world full of charlatans and false prophets?
                        *Maybe* that does not shed a very favorable light on Guitar *players*
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                        X