Frankenstein 18 watt combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
    A second problem is that all magnets have a so called "Curie temperature", beyond which it fully demagnetizes ... forever.

Alnico is beyond 450C , Ceramic 600/700 C , while NEO: pltry 100 something C.
    That 100C does seem like a puny figure for NEO compared to the Herculean 450C to 700C for other types. But is it really a practical limitation? Just to put it into terms Americans understand, 100C is the boiling temperature of water. I know I've never owned a speaker that ever got that hot for any reason. Considering the worst situations a speaker is likely to encounter, black car/sunny day, still air and hard use, etc. I can't think of anything that would have a beaker of water boiling next to the speaker. Of course the speaker itself heats, but the magnet never gets that hot. By the time it did the voice coil would be destroyed.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X