Gibson Skylark Crestline GA-5 Lay out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Skylark Crestline GA-5 Lay out

Does anyone have a point to point layout of the Skylark Crestline GA-5 they'd be willing to share?

Thanks.

Are you looking for the GA5 Skylark with a single 6V6 power tube? I think I have a gut shot of the Epiphone version (same amp) if that helps.
    Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmartn149 View Post
      Are you looking for the GA5 Skylark with a single 6V6 power tube? I think I have a gut shot of the Epiphone version (same amp) if that helps.
      No, mine is the Skylark Crestline GA5. It has 5 tubes. 6X4, (2) 6AQ5’s, 6C4, and 6EU7. I believe the 6X4 is the power tube.

Thanks

Comment

Your 6X4 is the rectifier tube. The 2x6AQ5s are the power tubes, and the 6C4 & 6EU7 are preamp tubes.

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

I had worked on one of these a while back so here are a few picks. Sorry I did not think to take pictures of the front wiring of the pots and jacks. Also, note that I wired the neutral line in series to the switch. Knowing better now I would have wired fuse (hot wire) in series to the switch and neutral wire directly connected to other side of transformer primary. Oh well I know better now, but back then I wired it exactly as I found it. Well I cut out the death cap and added a 3 prong power cable.
          Attached Files
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
          X