Schematic for RCA RS2640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin #9 is the Standby pin.

If it never raises above the zero volts that you measured, then the power amp ic is in standby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TDA7293-datasheet-pinout.gif
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	849180

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Pin #9 is the Standby pin.

If it never raises above the zero volts that you measured, then the power amp ic is in standby.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47921[/ATTACH]
      I get .064vdc on pin9 , with fm radio which is not 0vdc thank you, when this was working the fan only came on once you increased the volume , should this be running constantly?? It does run with direct 9v to it. I'm going to back track
      If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

Follow pin 9 (Standby) and pin 10 (Mute) on the schematic.

Q501 (NPN transistor) is the active control element.

rca_rs2640 Mute.pdf
        Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 04-01-2018, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Follow pin 9 (Standby) and pin 10 (Mute) on the schematic.

Q50 9 (NPN transistor) is the active control element.

[ATTACH]47925[/ATTACH]
          I think you meant Q501 ,this flea Click image for larger version

Name:	flea501.JPG
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	849183
          testing in circuit DVM on diode mode, Blk to Base Red to Emitter .970 red to Collector 1.322 Red to base Blk to Emitter .699 Blk to collector .696
          Last edited by shortcircuit; 03-31-2018, 11:53 PM. Reason: -

Comment

How about D504 and D501?
            What kind of voltages do you get at E,B,&C of Q501 ?
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              How about D504 and D501?
              What kind of voltages do you get at E,B,&C of Q501 ?
              D504 cathode 11.75vdc anode 9.34vdc D501 cathode 5.22vdc anode 0vdc , Q501 E =0vdc B= .140vdc C= 5.22vdc

in diode mode in circuit
              D504 + to C / - to A 1.163 - to C / + to A .700
              D501 + to C / - to A .683 - to C / + to A .654
              Last edited by shortcircuit; 04-01-2018, 12:29 PM. Reason: +

Comment

"Q501 E =0vdc B= .140vdc C= 5.22vdc"

So, if Q501 Collector is sitting at 5.22Vdc, why are the standby & mute pins (Pin 9 &10) at 0 volts?

Comment

"Q501 E =0vdc B= .140vdc C= 5.22vdc"

So, if Q501 Collector is sitting at 5.22Vdc, why are the standby & mute pins (Pin 9 &10) at 0 volts?
                  Q501 is a problem child and not turning on

Comment

Originally posted by shortcircuit View Post
                    Q501 is a problem child and not turning on
                    Yeah but....

Q501, if on, would pull the collector low and it is not low.
                    It's at 5Vdc.

So the question remains: 'why are pin 9 & 10 low?'

Comment

Yeah but....

Q501, if on, would pull the collector low and it is not low.
                      It's at 5Vdc.

this is humbling , had headphones plugged in . Now on IC 501 I have 5.20vdc on pin 9 and 5.15vdc on pin 10 , buzz, no audio
                      Last edited by shortcircuit; 04-01-2018, 11:56 PM. Reason: -

Comment

Thank you JPB.

If you donŽt mind, IŽll use that as the title of my next Movie.
                        Regards
                        Alfred.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by shortcircuit View Post
                          this is humbling , had headphones plugged in . Now on IC 501 I have 5.20vdc on pin 9 and 5.15vdc on pin 10 , buzz, no audio
                          Jazz P Bass(or any supporting member) are you still seeing something obvious that I'm missing completely ?? besides my incompetence, if yes keep asking ?? don't just give the answer. Going back this actually quit while it was in standby mode , just plugged in with the clock,should I be focusing on IC401? no signal to amplify ?. This unit isn't worth a free lunch to start with , thought it would be a good solid state learning tool, and it has been with the patience of the supporting members here .
                          Last edited by shortcircuit; 04-03-2018, 09:05 PM. Reason: +

Comment

I think you are correct, look at IC401.
                            If you are hearing hum and the volume control seems to make an audible change, the power amp is probably ok. I assume you listened to the phones and didn't hear anything there either?
                            And you said the fault was originally intermittent, have you tapped around with a chopstick to see if there is a physical connection issue?
                            There are some DC voltages listed for IC401 on page 20 of the service manual. Also check for any audio at the L & R output pins. If you do have audio there, then you can return to the power amp.
                            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                              I think you are correct, look at IC401.
                              If you are hearing hum and the volume control seems to make an audible change, the power amp is probably ok. I assume you listened to the phones and didn't hear anything there either?
                              And you said the fault was originally intermittent, have you tapped around with a chopstick to see if there is a physical connection issue?
                              There are some DC voltages listed for IC401 on page 20 of the service manual. Also check for any audio at the L & R output pins. If you do have audio there, then you can return to the power amp.
                              Hear a hum ,and low audio clicks when volume is increased ,no audio increase , correct nothing from headphones. Here is the only ic401 voltage chart I have , and my readings
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	401.jpg
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	849221 I don't trust the chart, voltage chart for ic501 wasn't even close. Wouldn't it be odd that both audio IC's go out ?. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Well, hopefully it's the correct schematic, otherwise we're probably beat.
                                Look at the audio switching IC page (pg.13 of pdf), there should be 6.8VDC coming in on pin 4 of P301 connector. Do you have that? You have nothing on pin 24 of IC401, which is supposed to be the supply pin. The unit is not in stand-by mode is it? Does the part number on IC401 match what the schematic shows, TDA7440 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X