Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer PMP FX NOT WORKING. Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMP FX NOT WORKING. Any Ideas?

Hello,
    I recently bought a used PMP-1680s and noticed the effects are not working. I have tried all other resources for info and can not find much. It makes a popping noise when FX are turned on, no effects are noticeable when on, only popping noises and signal from the mic is still functional. I have used similar models and even attempted a reset by power cycling while holding down the FX buttons and also the selector knobs with no luck.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Reed

Popping says DC to me. Look at teh op amps that handle teh signal path to and from the FX and see if any output pins are sitting at DC.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Popping says DC to me. Look at teh op amps that handle teh signal path to and from the FX and see if any output pins are sitting at DC.
      I'm new to the "back end" of musical wiring. Any pictures or diagrams that may help? I have multimeter, solder etc. just need to know where and what to look for and how to test.

Thanks for the help,

Reed

Comment

We need to do a search and find the schematic. HArd to track something like that down without one.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          We need to do a search and find the schematic. HArd to track something like that down without one.

Hard to find the schematic lol

This is the closest I could find.

http://www.schematicsunlimited.com/b...280s-schematic

Comment

Working...
          X