Trace Elliot AH1000-12 schematic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sh*t, those are Class D modules.
    I had thought you had one of the earlier ones, similar to the schematic I posted above, which *are* repairable, very simple amps.
    I consider these ones disposable.
    One failed? ... just disconnect it and use the other, which still has huge power.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks Juan Manuel,

imagine to have both modules broken (insert apotropaic gesture here), what would you do?
      As you can see in the same module there are:
      - rectifier and power supply;
      - part of the preamp module;
      - clip detection;
      - etc...

Comment

If you want to fix the module, start with cleaning it . Then look for visible problems like the one posted below.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	TracePA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	849449

You are in a very good position because you have the other module working correctly and you have the schematic.

Mark

Comment

I *think* the following, lots of educated guessing and of course subject to verification:

1) the Elektrotanya set of schematics contain both preamps (7 and 12 band) , lots of auxiliary circuits, some cntainibg less than half a dozen parts, but not a word on power amps and supplies.

2) I suppose these were kept because they are the core of the SWR sound but power amps and supplies varied along the years, so the design was modular from Day 1.
          Specially because even in the old Analog Mosfet amp days, same 2 preamp variations were mated to a lot of (very similar by the way) power amps, from single 150W (AH150) to top of the line AH500 (2 x 250W modules) and *maybe* a model I never saw but is very predictable, a 400/500W single module but with probably 6 Mosfets, still Class AB.

3) so maybe at some time they decided to fit *two* 500W power modules, but considering thermal dissipation they went Class D . Funny they kept the very heavy (and probably very expensive) toroidal transformer, but hey, they are probably going "one step at a time".

4) It can be independent, but I guess they included the Preamp supply together with the main power amp one.
          Check what they actually did, specially now that at least 1 power amp and supply is still alive, draw connector pinout and voltages feeding Preamp, so the day this module dies you can feed bthe preamp some other way.
          No big deal, consumption is low, but pre-knowing it may save you time if/when you need it, and your amp does not turn on.

5) IF the current module dies, junk both, build a preamp supply and in the now free real estate space searfch for some power module you like.
          I would go the full Monty, get one with self contained SMPS power supply and also ditch the heavy Toroid.

For example, IcePower modules , very popular today and used by Fender, G&K, Aguilar, TC Electronics, Kustom and probably quite a few more, are straight fed 120 or 240V, provide lots of power, and also generate +/-28V for preamp use, which of course can be regulated down to whatever´s needed.

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

That's strange because I see the power amp and the power supply schematic in the download. Maybe a processor board that controls all the modules is missing but maybe they designed it without a processor.
            Here it is once again. AC019-F Schematics.pdf

It's true that the symbols of the components are made up by TE but maybe on the board they are correct.

Mark

Comment

It uses these modules AC018-B SDV1025-600_1_ETS.pdf
              Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Which maybe purchased and simply replaced: 600W Amplifier Products ? Or sent to them to be fixed.

Comment

I’m in love guys. Thank you very much! I will keep you updated both for the ETS and ICE solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
                    That's strange because I see the power amp and the power supply schematic in the download. Maybe a processor board that controls all the modules is missing but maybe they designed it without a processor.
                    Here it is once again. [ATTACH]48691[/ATTACH]

It's true that the symbols of the components are made up by TE but maybe on the board they are correct.

Mark
                    Weird, NO such .PDF in my Elektrotanya download as linked in post #2
                    Mind you, I opened all of them.
                    Weird.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                      Weird, NO such .PDF in my Elektrotanya download as linked in post #2
                      Mind you, I opened all of them.
                      Weird.
                      It's because the file is in the Word (*.doc) format. Have you opened the the Word file?

Comment

It is exactly this one: http://www.amplifier.co.uk/images/SDV1061-600_1_ETS.pdf
                        I've already dropped them an email.

Thank you very much guys!

Comment

Did you look at the component I posted previously? It looks like a termistor in series with the power supply. If it's open, or incorrectly soldered, it may cause the problems you have. Can you make a better photo of the component?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
                            Did you look at the component I posted previously? It looks like a termistor in series with the power supply. If it's open, or incorrectly soldered, it may cause the problems you have. Can you make a better photo of the component?

Mark
                            Thanks Mark, unfortunately I will have access to the amp only next sunday, because I'll be out for work. I will try that too.

By now I've got some email exchange with the producers of the module: they forwarded me to the site shown here for the small module, but they have no SDV1061-600 stock, and they can produce them only if they get at least 100 units. And they do not repair it, even if it's their module being broken. I thought it was not even legal to do so, but it is.

No feedback from ICE yet.
                            Last edited by Roberto; 04-30-2018, 02:25 PM. Reason: Updated information on module

Comment

That SDV1061-600 is an evaluation board.

The item that ETS makes is the SDV1025-600.
                              It is a very small part of the Trace Elliot amplifier module itself.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...000-12-07.jpeg

See those 2 rows of little pins .
                              That is the module.
                              Tucked underneath.

SDV1025-600_1_ETS.pdf

Comment

Thanks Jazz P Bass,

That was clear to me. I took three photo of it on the last triplet.
                                What I'm afraid of, is that the previous owner did some other damages on the board, so I would prefer to find the whole module. Let's see.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X