Trace Elliot AH1000-12 schematic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
    It's because the file is in the Word (*.doc) format. Have you opened the the Word file?
    No.
    I opened all .pdf because thatīs the standard format for schematics, data, books, and a ton other things, can be zoomed to *any* size , and I mean ANY, you can take snapshots, make images automatically fit the page (for printing) or show stuff exact 100% size (real world reference), print it accurately real size on a sheet of paper (thatīs why itīs the preferred way to distribute iron-on PCB patterns , the works.
    Other graphic file types are used, such as .gif, .png, .jpg (this one more suited to family holiday pictures than schematics) but none can even touch the precision of true .pdf vector graphics.
    Of course, *some* .pdf are FAKE Pdf, just .pdf compressed bitmap image scans, not the same by a country mile.

Yes, I saw a couple "Office" type files in the Zip pack, but since two of them were .xls parts list files (which is sensible because it helps handling parts stock in a Factory environment ) and two were setup and adjustment instructions, essentially "text" where .doc files make sense, when I saw a third .doc file labelled *****schematics.doc, I reasonably assumed it was a list (and maybe description) of the mountain of .pdf files included : 34 !!!!! (thirty-four, not a typo)

After opening all 34 and not finding what I wanted, why on Earth would I open a presumed "file list" after I had opened all of them?

Oh well, further proof that Lawyers and Accountants (plus the random MBA) run the World and Techs and Engineers if travelling by Bus must seat in the back, behind the white line
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      That SDV1061-600 is an evaluation board.

The item that ETS makes is the SDV1025-600.
      It is a very small part of the Trace Elliot amplifier module itself.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...000-12-07.jpeg

See those 2 rows of little pins .
      That is the module.
      Tucked underneath.

[ATTACH]48694[/ATTACH]
      I would phone ETS again to check if they have any spare SDV1025-600 left, and at what price.

Evaluation boards are very good but typically made only in small quantities, a Factory or independent designer might buy 1 or 2 to test whether the product mates with the rest of his product, design *his* own PCB covering his personal needs and then just purchase the SDV1025-600 in bulk.

Since this is a very outdated product, a transition type making it possible to retain most of the older product, including expensive and heavy iron power transformer, just saving on heatsinks (because board size is huge for what it does) , I very much doubt they are selling any now, except maybe a few as replacements for old amp servicing.

Revolutionary 20 yers ago, today itīs a dodo, replaced by similar power, smaller size, included SMPS modules, which to boot are cheaper.

Iīd ask for a spare SDV1025-600 module alone if available, if price is reasonable (by now they should have a fire sale on them) , take the chance and replace it on the moherboard.

If not available or very expensive or you simply do not trust the motherboard, Iīd just go for a new module, and somehow try to feed the preamp one way or the other.
      In fact I would ditch even the obsolete working one , *and* the heavy toroid and fit a single ICE module there.

Your back will be grateful

Note: ICE are known for NOT catering to end users, I guessnthey have a minimum oder pack, say 50 or 100 units in a single carton, so they normally sell to Factories.

That said, I guess some people need, say, 30 of them, are forced to buy the, say, 50 unit minimum order, because now and then a few appear on EBay, from US sellers, at reasonable price (hey, they want to sell the overstock), so EBay is an option.
      Of course , then thereīs none offered until somebody else does the same a couple months later.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Iīd ask for a spare SDV1025-600 module alone if available, if price is reasonable (by now they should have a fire sale on them) , take the chance and replace it on the moherboard.
        Not sure what price is reasonable, but profusion has them listed: SDV1025-600 - 600W Driver Board
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks Juan Manuel and thanks g1.

Yes, I’ve seen that link at around 75 € plus shipping (so I guess around 90 €).

Juan Manuel, can you tell me how much can cost the ICE module on ebay? I’m not in a hurry so I can wait, no problem.

90 € isn’t cheap for the small module itself, and it would be easy to fit a class D amp with SMPS onboard. Dig the big toroidal and add a small one for 12ax7s’ B+ and heaters (probably I have already one somewhere).

The main point, in that scenario, would be to keep the distinctive feature of this amp (even if I never used it): it can work stereo with its own stereo loop, or bridged.

Will the 1200AS2 do the job?

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
            90 € isn’t cheap for the small module itself
            I'm surprised that you think that 90 € isn't cheap. This amp is worth about 500 €. Newer amps with similar power cost 1000 €, or more.
            When I fix amps the first rule is to bring it to the state as it was when it left the factory. Then, you may think about possible modifications.
            The ICE modules are extremely difficult to buy and they cost about 200 -250 €. You would need two of them. And this would be crazy to pay 500 € to fix an amp that is worth 500 €
            I'm not sure how reliable athe the original modules but I would go for the original. Otherwise, you would pay 400-500 € (and you would need to work for free).

Mark

Comment

I'm surprised that you think that 90 € isn't cheap. This amp is worth about 500 €. Newer amps with similar power cost 1000 €, or more.
              I understand your point, but we are talking about a small part of one of the two the power amps. No power supply, no output filters, nothing but the driver and the power mosfets for 600 W mono. Compared to 250 € for a ICE stereo power amp capable of 1200 W including SMPS it's absolutely expensive!

The ICE modules are extremely difficult to buy and they cost about 200 -250 €. You would need two of them. And this would be crazy to pay 500 € to fix an amp that is worth 500 €
              I'm not sure it will be needed to have two. Some of them I've seen that are capable of working stereo or bridged mono. If it could be the case for the 1200AS2 as well, I would be done with one ICE module only.

I'm waiting their reply on that.

Comment

https://icepower.dk/products/amplifi...les/as-series/

Comment

Maybe the pics don't show the inflicted damage but that module looks repairable to me. Maybe even the AC018 module just needs the FETS replaced. I'd start by checking all the power rails on the board including the switching regulator. Next I'd look at the output prior to the filters to see if there is any activity. If nothing I'd check the shutdown signal on pin 17. Then, having found those to be OK I's unsolder the module and test the FETS. If it's a dead end at least you can go ahead with the module replacement or wholesale PCB replacement knowing you've given it a decent shot.
                  Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks Jazz P Bass!

Comment

Thanks nickb, I will try the way you suggest before doing anything else.

I have to say that I'm also thinking to sell the good module (I've asked some repair centers and one of them asked me if I want to sell the good one), and buy something like this one: IRS2092 Stereo Amplifier | Connex Electronic (or better, just to guve an idea) adding few more bucks.

Comment

Why do you not simply run the amp with one module?

How loud do you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
                          Thanks nickb, I will try the way you suggest before doing anything else.

I have to say that I'm also thinking to sell the good module (I've asked some repair centers and one of them asked me if I want to sell the good one), and buy something like this one: IRS2092 Stereo Amplifier | Connex Electronic (or better, just to guve an idea) adding few more bucks.
                          Have you checked out the class D boards on Ebay? You can get a 500W module for $20. Just search for IRS2092.

Comment

I used one of the IRS modules in an Acoustic amp. I couldn't find an STK for it that wasn't fake. It worked well- actually better than originally designed. And, the price is right!
                            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                              Why do you not simply run the amp with one module?
                              How loud do you want it?
                              It's not a matter of being loud, but to restore the original features of the amp.
                              For my personal use and to sell it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
                                Have you checked out the class D boards on Ebay? You can get a 500W module for $20. Just search for IRS2092.
                                Like those? www.ebay.it/itm/192155407840
                                Are they reliable for this purpose (adding a bridge rectifier with enough filtering) running two modules as stereo or together bridged?

Comment

Working...
                                X