Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin 0018E Control Harness

Anyone ever look into one of these?

Was looking into this stuff yesterday. Measured DCR, inductance & impedances at various control settings through the window of the output jack; this harness was anything but conventional.

Will likely sketch out a likely diagram from the info, then may yank it all out and have a look.

However, if anyone has any experience and/or a schematic for this harness I'd certainly be interested. I'd certainly like to know if they're all like this or if this one is a result of creative efforts executed sometime during the last half century or so.

Bob Palmieri

I see this: https://www.martinguitar.com/feature...ix-vt-enhance/ which says it's a Fishman system if it's also what's in your guitar. No surprises there.

Comment

Sorry!! I seem to have neglected to point out that I’m referring to an original 0018E from 1959 with a DeArmond mag and Volume/Tone controls screwed into the top...

Comment

Quickly, my assessment at this point is that what we have here is a pickup-to-the-wiper volume control coupled to a series tone control with cap across it.

So, with tone on 0 you get the (very bassy, 7.something henry) pickup itself but tone on 10 gets you the pickup through a pretty serious highpass filter.

Tone on 5 is a surprisingly viable spectral balance (through a pretty fancy hi-z direct box) through the studio monitors.

I've secured permission to yank all this stuff out and have a look, although this might not happen for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X