Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW PICKUPS

Hi, I'm a new member to the group.
    I gig with 2 guitars, a DeLuxe Fender Strat, modded with S1 switching removed, and the stock pickups replaced with Eric Johnson pickups, and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
    I have the electronic replaced in the LP with vintage wiring etc, and have been looking to upgrade the pickups. I more or less decided between Bare Knuckle Alnico 2 low wiring, and Ox4 pups. Then I saw the House of Tone site (England). I checked it out, and was impressed, and after contacting the manufacturer I have purchased a set of TruTone PAF pups. These are hand wound to exact original specs.
    Once I get them and have installed them, I'll let you know what the end result is.
    Last edited by PogWalusiak; 05-11-2018, 07:10 AM. Reason: Grammar errors

I moved your thread to the Guitar Tech forum which is a better fit for discussing pickup upgrades. Let us know how your new pickups work out.

Steve A.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

NEW PICKUPS

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
      I moved your thread to the Guitar Tech forum which is a better fit for discussing pickup upgrades. Let us know how your new pickups work out.

Steve A.
      Thanks Steve, I will let you know.

Comment

Hi Steve, it's been a wee while, but I wanted to really test the pups. I can now say that they have greatly improved the tone of the guitar. I use 2 guitars, my Les Paul, and also a DeLuxe Fender Strat. Previously I favoured the Strat for most of what I play, but now I use the Les Paul with the upgraded pickups for 75% of the numbers.
        I should also tell you that I have two amps, 1) a Marshall DSL20H with 2x12 Cabinet, and 2) a Fender Tweed Blues Junior. I also use several pedals - a BBE Sonic Sound Pedal (always on), Fulltone OCD, MXR CC Delay, MXR Boost, Hardwire Chorus, and Boss DS-1. The guitars sound great through both setups.

Comment

Working...
        X