New Deluxe Reverb reissue PT available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deluxe Reverb reissue PT available

I recently built my second AB763 Deluxe Reverb inside a stripped out 65 Reissue chassis. Customer wanted a new "upgraded" Mercury Mag PT. I told him don't believe the hype and thought I could get either a Magnetic Components or a Hammond for probably half that, but soon found out Mercury was the only one that fits in the reissue chassis due to the odd dimensions. I contacted Hammond about this, and they asked to borrow my original in exchange for giving me the first prototype model 290CBZ that they are adding to their product line.

I received and installed the 290CBZ in my build, and it is a hit. So now there is another option if someone wants to replace or upgrade a DRRI PT at about half the price of a Mercury.

Plus, my customer is stoked at having a "signature" PT.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Good on ya Randall, and Hammond too! I'd give yez multiple "likes" but we're only allowed one.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Now if only they'd make a pre-blackface Twin/Showman OT, Something like the 45550 or 45268, ridiculously big as they are. Logically a single transformer with 4/8/16 taps?

Kudos on your fine work and thanks for getting another Hammond PT on the market!

Comment

How cool is that, thanks Randall!
        The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Guys, they said they are always on the lookout for "popular" amp transformers, so if you have something you think they might want, give them a shout.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

This is cool. Just built an AB763 myself.

Comment

Working...
            X