Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LG home cinema issues

hi guys,

Anyone in the know about home cinema systems? do the modern amps have fuses protecting each channel?

long story short - i bought a second hand LG HB405 to replace my temperamental LG BH7430p unit on the understanding the only issue is laser needing replacement but got it all wired up to discover the surround right channel is not working l changed wiring, swapped speakers and the channel is dead.

There may or may not be fuses. Every such piece of gear is different. The first step would be to chase down a schematic/service manual. Do you hear any hiss or anything at all out of the non-working channel? If you hear any noise indicating the amp is working, you might try a factory reset. Sometimes they just get "confused". But again, you'll probably need a manual to find out how to factory reset the thing. If you hear no noise at all, it's probably time to dig in.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

thanks for your prompt reply,

no hissing at all from that channel. i factory reset the unit from the OSD as i thought the same as you, that maybe it was just a little confused but no such luck there.

i also attempted to find a service manual but lead to a load of pop ups

Comment

Working...
      X