Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital reverb add-on kit for typical DIY amp builds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
    Reverb sound is a matter of taste, but I've used the Mod tanks with good results. You may or may not like them.
    Same here, I've been getting along with the Mods just fine. Before that, Ruby brand from Magic Parts, they look identical.

In some applications a short tank sounds better than a long one. I try what's in stock until satisfied. It's also a plus that Mod tanks, at least the direct Fender replacement ones, are sold in short, medium and long decay choices. Short is long enough for me and my customers. I don't see what's the point of a never ending echo echo echooooooooooooo..................
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      Same here, I've been getting along with the Mods just fine. Before that, Ruby brand from Magic Parts, they look identical.

In some applications a short tank sounds better than a long one. I try what's in stock until satisfied. It's also a plus that Mod tanks, at least the direct Fender replacement ones, are sold in short, medium and long decay choices. Short is long enough for me and my customers. I don't see what's the point of a never ending echo echo echooooooooooooo..................

Me too... getting along with the Mod tanks, that is.

Once I tried a long decay Mod tank cuz I "thought" I wanted a *very* lush reverb...
      Turned out to be waaaaay too much.
      Even the medium was too much, short works fine.
      If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
      I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Are the shorter delay MOD tanks better than what Fender has been using in their amps recently?

The worst tanks I've heard are the cheap Asian ones in a plastic frame mounted inside a SS amp chassis, like in a cheap Frontman amp. I like what were used in the MIM Fender SS amps in the 90s (Princeton 112, etc.)

Steve A.
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
        X