No announcement yet.

Carvin Legacy 212 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The saga continues. LOL. Today I lifted one side of R65, then R82, and then R83. The noise was gone after I lifted R83 and was replaced with a loud hum. So I currently have one side of C66, R65, R82 and R83 lifted. Should I start reconnecting components leaving R83 for last? Or should I just replace all 3 (C66 is already new) since they are half removed?

Comment

Originally posted by guitardog View Post
      The saga continues. LOL. Today I lifted one side of R65, then R82, and then R83. The noise was gone after I lifted R83 and was replaced with a loud hum. So I currently have one side of C66, R65, R82 and R83 lifted. Should I start reconnecting components leaving R83 for last? Or should I just replace all 3 (C66 is already new) since they are half removed?
      Measure each resistor and Q5 since they're out of circuit now to see if they are still within specs.

Lift the left side of C67 going towards Q5 and short it to the right side of C66. Did the noise stop?

If it did, I'd swap every component around Q5 including the transistor itself, because there's a chance you fried it.

Comment

Just repaired one of these. replace Q5 with MJE340.
        Can be done from above without taking PCB out.
        Be sure to orientate the leads of the new transistor correctly, it is a larger package and the pin out is different to the original
        under rated MPSW42 device.

Comment

Anyone still following this thread?
          MY legacy 212 starts cutting out after about 2 hours of play.
          I've wiggled the tubes. All of them appear to light up. I have tapped lightly with a wooden stick. No noticable difference.
          I'm running 4 Cable from headrush pedalboard. I've also run straight cable guitar to amp. Seems to work fine from start up.

I'll piggyback this post for now. I'll start a new thread if necessary.

Any info appreciated
          Thanks, TJ

Comment

Try the standard patch cord between FX send and return routine, otherwise please start a new thread.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X