Yamaha G50 output biasing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Well, don't spit, but you are welcome to come to town. Been very hot and fairly humid lately.

But then I live next door to a brewery.

https://www.badbrewing.com/

(In the video on the home page, right after the MASON sign is a view from across the street, and in the background to the left is the old High School building. I live in that building.)
    You mean this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mason.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	850060

Nice
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yep, that is the side of the building.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yep, that is the side of the building.
        Now we have a game, which window is Enzo's

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

My apartment faces the atrium in the center. Very hard to get a photo of it from a street.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, don't spit, but you are welcome to come to town. Been very hot and fairly humid lately.

But then I live next door to a brewery.

https://www.badbrewing.com/

(In the video on the home page, right after the MASON sign is a view from across the street, and in the background to the left is the old High School building. I live in that building.)
            Hmm, actually trying to put together a meet-up with old Michigan Tech friends and that would be about an hour away from everyone (AA, GR, and Mt. Pleasant) so Bad Brewing might be a good idea. If we head there I'd be happy to buy you a beer or three.

Comment

I can drink there and walk home.

Comment

Ok, six.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Finally got back to this. Put in new capacitors and the amp sounds very good, voltage at output capacitor comes right up to half of the +B voltage. I have no idea how to set the trimmer pots, though. For the one at the emitters of TR10, 11 I set it to balance the voltages at the collectors. For the other two trimmers don't know where they should be set, but since my voltage is coming up to where I want and don't seem to have crossover distortion I don't know if I should worry about them or not.

Oh, never did get down to Lansing to buy Enzo those beers.

Comment

I died of thirst while I was waiting...waiting...waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
                      I have no idea how to set the trimmer pots, though. For the one at the emitters of TR10, 11 I set it to balance the voltages at the collectors. For the other two trimmers don't know where they should be set, but since my voltage is coming up to where I want and don't seem to have crossover distortion I don't know if I should worry about them or not.
                      See page 4 (&8) of the attached service manual. May not be the same version, but the trimmers are pretty much the same, circuit-wise.
                      Attached Files
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X