TrueOS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueOS ?

Since tboy said he runs TrueOS, and it is a BSD OS?
    I have some questions?
    Can TrueOS be run from USB Live?
    If not can you install it from USB?
    Does TrueOS have dual boot capability, without running it Virtual?
    All the info about BSD OS, is appreciated.
    Some Screenshots would be great, if you have time?
    Thanks In Advance.
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Not sure about some of your questions, I did try it a while ago but switched back to Linux which I have been using for a very long time.

This might help if you want to do some reading.

https://www.trueos.org/handbook/trueos.html
    It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

Here's their chapter on dual booting.

https://www.trueos.org/handbook/dualboot.html
      It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

I found this

There is no live USB image of TrueOS, just install images for USB/DVD media.

Would like to try it before I install it!
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

The TrueOS website and user guide can fill you in far better than I could.
          It does support dual-booting without using a virtual environment, but only on hardware that is new enough to have a UEFI BIOS. That was a little disappointing for me, because I'm running it on an older machine and I wanted to retain the ability to boot into the existing installation of Windows XP that's still in there on the original 80 Gig drive. There's probably some kludgey way to make it work without physically swapping the two SATA cables, but I haven't had time to look into it very far yet.
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I may try it on a spare drive sometime.
            For now, I'll stick with Ubu/XFCE
            Thanks,
            T
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X