No announcement yet.

Using capacitors that have drifted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My offer still stands to send 1 of these fine(hahaa) caps to someone that can test it properly to see what the deal is with the measured value so different on 9 or 10 of them in regards to the printed value. They have never been in a circuit. I don't want to toss them especially when I see what they go for on the Bay thing. I guess that's why all the sellers there that are asking 20 dollars a cap say they are sold "as is" and "not tested". I am sure they have tested them but don't want to report the findings. Especially when the same sellers HAVE tested their other caps and happily report they are in spec on these other caps.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Temperature coefficients play out over short term, as in if it is 20 degrees now and 40 degrees later, the capacitance will change some small amount. And if we go from 40 down to 20, it will change back the other direction. But I don't think any of our film caps will change from 0.022uf to 0.047uf within the temperature range of our shops.
      Speak for yourself ... dude.

In MY shop all caps thermally drift:

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Speak for yourself ... dude.

In MY shop all caps thermally drift:

Juan - how many times must I tell you to use bigger heatsinks on those 2N3055's...
        Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Bessemer 100 watt.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X