Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Humbucker Base & Cover Engraving

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    284
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Humbucker Base & Cover Engraving

    Anyone have any ideas about relatively easy and reproducible ways to engrave humbucker covers and baseplates?

    Has anyone tried and/or had any success stamping a humbucker cover with a metal punch?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Senior Member LtKojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    965
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/3
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdamien View Post
    Anyone have any ideas about relatively easy and reproducible ways to engrave humbucker covers and baseplates?
    It's called a "Laser Engraver".

    Quote Originally Posted by jrdamien View Post
    Has anyone tried and/or had any success stamping a humbucker cover with a metal punch?
    No.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

  3. #3
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,215
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 2/0
    You could pick up a used 2D engraving pantograph for very little and have someone with a CNC mill make you a master engraving in brass or plastic to trace. Another way would be to apply a mask and chemically etch or sandblast the exposed surface.

    A metal punch could work but it will distort the metal surface.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    284
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by David King View Post
    You could pick up a used 2D engraving pantograph for very little and have someone with a CNC mill make you a master engraving in brass or plastic to trace. Another way would be to apply a mask and chemically etch or sandblast the exposed surface.

    A metal punch could work but it will distort the metal surface.
    Pantograph. That's exactly the kind of idea I was hoping for. Excellent.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 6 Hole, 50mm, Humbucker Base Plates
    By jrdamien in forum Tools and Coil Winding Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2017, 06:40 PM
  2. Humbucker base plates
    By walcen in forum Beginner/ Hobbyist
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 02:35 AM
  3. Humbucker cover
    By lowell in forum Pickup Makers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 06:31 PM
  4. Humbucker base plate with flat or 1/4" legs
    By maellaguitars in forum Pickup Makers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 08:09 PM
  5. Does anyone know...humbucker base plate with flat legs
    By maellaguitars in forum Guitar Tech
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •