Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Ampworks Britain

Hello all
    Ive had one in the workshop that has been back to the shop twice for the same fault.
    I have just repaired this one . I don't need the schematic diagram , But i'm curious to see one

Have a good day
    BBB

90% of these boutiqy builds are FMV circuits mixed in various forms.
    since you had it in the shop you could have make the effort,if it was that good.
    From what i recall they had to deal with heating problems,too compact form with cooling fans

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
      since you had it in the shop you could have make the effort,if it was that good.
      From what i recall they had to deal with heating problems,too compact form with cooling fans
      I wouldn't want to be one who did it. Take a look at this page with gutshots.
      https://ivanrichards.com.au/2014/02/...-in-australia/
      nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Hi nosaj. They are a nightmare.. a right pain to get apart. Screw terminal everywhere. With short wires. No wonder previous repairer bottled it

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
          Agree.
          Most boutique amp builders donīt actually design (except very very few ones) so usually the "menu of the day" is like Mc D "hamburger of the day" ... in how many ways can you combine a couple patties, lettuce, tomato, special sauce, egg, bacon, etc?

As you pointed, 95% are a mix of 1 or more FMV preamps, 3 or 4 possible power amps, and in the wildest mixes .... different Brands !!!!

This one is clearly a simplified VOX front end, coupled to some 50W power stage, where the big doubt must have been: "do I make it flat and tight? (Fender), add presence? (Tweed/Marshall) or spare the NFB and add a Cut control to have some Tone options in the Power Amp?"

Please wake me up when the Movie ends, I already KNOW what will John Wayne/Dirty Harry/Charles Bronson/Steven Segal/Van Damme/Stallone/Bruce Willis/Schwarzenegger/Liam Neeson do when he realizes the Indians/Blacks/NY lowlife/Montana Militia/Indonesians/Italians/Colombians/Aliens/Albanians stormed his home and hurt/kidnapped/killed his Wife/Daughter.

Might be slightly interested if the novel Movie Director had John Wayne chasing Aliens or Schwarzenegger exchanging Laser shots for arrows or something, but nobody will ever be so bold.

Oh, wait .....

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I must say jm farhey . You do go off on a tangent with your answers . Indeed the amp is compact. Well put together but but to compact . A lot of heat causing issues. Very hard to work on having to do a lot of dismantling to get to under Neath. My Customer loves the amp. . And that's what counts. BBB

Comment

Working...
            X