Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Load Resistor on Reverb Driver: opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load Resistor on Reverb Driver: opinions?

Most Fender circuits use a transformer hanging off the B+ to drive the reverb tray. I recently worked on a Rivera era Super Champ that used a load resistor in between the B+ and the S.E. transformer, 39K for the SC, and Rivera's Deluxe Reverb II uses a 10K. This slight increase in fidelity seems attractive to me as a concept, but I have no way to A/B it right now, and am curious if others have explored this and formed an opinion?.

Dan

Increased fidelity? In a reverb?

The Super Champ is a model that has the option to use the reverb drive circuit as a boost. So they added that resistor in the plate lead to act as a load under those circumstances. I see no benefit adding such a resistor to existing plain reverb designs. It would only tend to dilute the drive in my view.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo said "The Super Champ is a model that has the option to use the reverb drive circuit as a boost. So they added that resistor in the plate lead to act as a load under those circumstances. "

You've got it , that's why the resistor is there. Thanks, Enzo.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X