free strain relief bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free strain relief bushings

I ran out of the right size bushings for 18/3 AC power cords, and the ones I ordered from CEDist are too big. On my hunt for another source, I chanced upon www.heyco.com, and while I was researching I found what looked to be what I wanted. When I moused over the part number two buttons appeared, "BUY" and "Sample". Intrigued, I clicked Sample. A list of choices popped up ranging up to 100 I think, with a disclaimer saying if you needed more samples than allowed you must email your reason why you need that many. Not wanting to see how far I could go, I clicked 10 samples. Sure enough, after I opened an account, I eased thru with 10 free samples coming my way with free shipping.

Now I find this outstanding, and if they prove to be the right ones, I will buy a drawerful of them. At 0.17/ea, why not?
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Thanks.

I got a free inductor like this once from a tech company to put into my Strat for some odd mod I read about in the Stewart McDonald catalog.
    That was like 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
      I ran out of the right size bushings for 18/3 AC power cords, and the ones I ordered from CEDist are too big. On my hunt for another source, I chanced upon www.heyco.com, and while I was researching I found what looked to be what I wanted. When I moused over the part number two buttons appeared, "BUY" and "Sample". Intrigued, I clicked Sample. A list of choices popped up ranging up to 100 I think, with a disclaimer saying if you needed more samples than allowed you must email your reason why you need that many. Not wanting to see how far I could go, I clicked 10 samples. Sure enough, after I opened an account, I eased thru with 10 free samples coming my way with free shipping.

Now I find this outstanding, and if they prove to be the right ones, I will buy a drawerful of them. At 0.17/ea, why not?
      Can you post their stock number?

Thanks!

Steve A.

P.S. Any tips on a low-cost cord restraint tool? I think cheap vice grips with a little help from a Dremel tool might work well enough, at least for one particular size...
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:
      https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

The cheapies from amazon work well enough, unless you are doing high volume production or something. If you look around, you can probably find even cheaper than this:
        https://www.amazon.com/ProsKit-300-1...in+relief+tool
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here's a pdf file from Heyco's catalog on their DD chassis hole style part, most common to gear we work on:Heyco Strain Reliefs DD hole round cables.pdf
          Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
            Here's a pdf file from Heyco's catalog on their DD chassis hole style part, most common to gear we work on:[ATTACH]49674[/ATTACH]
            I really wish there was a subforum here dedicated to tools and equipment.
            Here's my take, as far as the Pro's Kit pliers go – when you need tooling to do a job, I firmly believe in the practice of buying the best tool you can afford. When you use a really well made tool, you know it, and your work shows it. But you see the real value when you inspect a real quality tool and the steel and machining holds up after decades of service. That's been one of the great learning experiences I've had working in a shop that has been in service so long. Getting the opportunity to use Kline and Xcelite nut drivers and seeing how they've held up under a beating; Using Wiha screwdrivers. (This is all strange because my boss is a big Harbor Freight guy, I don't know how he came into these nice tools) But, you know what totally bloooooooows? Needlle nose pliers with lateral play in the jaw action. Honestly, Snap-On is right, there is a difference.
            I repair/update mains power chords on almost a daily basis. So, we have constant assortment of the original style strain reliefs on hand at all times and rely on the heyco no 29 pliers to make quick and clean work of the process. I'm familiar with the pro's kit line of products and have used their strain relief pliers. I wouldn't say they are a piece of shit, (well, maybe I would. But it would be a bit of hyperbole) but the difference between the those and the heyco tool we use in our shop isn't even close. The pro's kit is cheap stamped Chinese steel. The heyco tool has been in daily use since the late 70's. I don't think there is any chance the Pro's Kit holds up like that. The first time I got to use the Heyco tool, I decided right then that these were going to be a must have tool my own shop.
            I mean, look at these beauties

If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
            X