No announcement yet.

1964 No Logo Deluxe Reverb Strange Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if we're still talking about the high voltage at the plate of the trem osciallator or not.
    I hope you are not saying that after you corrected the ground connection it changed that plate voltage when trem off?
    I'm attaching the schem. from the '65 DRRI as is shows more voltages. With trem off, the voltage at the cathode is zero. With zero current through the tube, I expect the plate voltage to rise to the voltage at supply node 'Z', around 400V. On a real AB763 schematic, that node is shown as 415VDC.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by g1; 07-19-2018, 06:13 PM. Reason: add schem
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

g1

Yes I am still referring to the trem.

No the plate voltage did not change much if any. The voltage reading is correct with the trem on.
      I did not take a voltage reading with the trem on in the first post. Didn't know that it had to be on.
      DOH live and learn I guess.

I should have stated in the last post that states it's OK, that it was checked with the term on.

It reads around 412v with the trem off and around 270v with the trem on, Going from memory right now

But at least I did find a bad solder connection on the ground.

Thanks for the Service Manual
      Last edited by J Luth; 07-19-2018, 09:04 PM.
      It's all about the bass. Lock in the groove and stay out of everyone else's way.

Comment

Working...
      X