Fender Stage 112 SE Distorted Sound output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Stage 112 SE Distorted Sound output

Greetings of Peace everyone great forum!

acquired an old Fender Stage 112 SE Amp, all stock no repair inside and out.

i have isolated the problem to be on the Power Amp section tru the ff.

1.Plugged in the input1 then input2 the guitar sound output was distorted.
    2.tried plugging into the Power amp In still distorted.
    3.while plugged into input1 of the connected the preamp out to a Peavey Bandit power amp in and sound was ok, pristine and clean.
    4. tested the stock Fender Stage112 Speaker with another amp and sound was Clean and OK.

I have the ff as suggested by Enzo in a separate thread

"Q1, Q2 are limiters. They work through CR17, CR28. Unsolder one end of those two diodes and lift them from the board. Now Q1, Q2 are disabled and out of the circuit." - the sound improved a little bit but still distorted. so i soldered it back to original

The voltages on the PA transistors are: B=+/-1.14 VDC C=+/-44.5 VDC and the E's=+/-4.8mV.

checked the voltages on Bias Diodes BYV26D all are 0.56 to 0.57

i have checked Vce ( Collector to Emitter Voltage)
    Q1= 1.13V
    Q2= 0.88V

i have also taken voltage readings across on almost all diodes a
    Vcr17 = 10mV
    Vcr28 = 103mV
    Vcr22 = 140mV
    Vcr23 = 36mV

Zeners
    Vcr21 = 158mV
    Vcr25 = 34mV
    Vcr19 = 267mV
    Vcr27 = 243mV

Any input of knowledge you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Searched on other thread and saw others with Vre = 8mV - 9mV
    Im thinking of increasing the bias voltage by inserting 22ohm resistor between the Bias Diodes.

Comment

1) welcome to the Forum

2) congratulations, you have already done the initial troubleshooting and taken important measurements

Through morning coffee now, later will search for schematic and check whether those voltages look normal or weird.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

It's a good idea to post a schematic or schematic link when you start a new thread so we know what you're talking about.

http://www.electronicstudio.net/sche...tage_112se.pdf
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Hi guys sorry for not posting the schematic. i think i have found the solution. Distortion was caused buy drifting bias due to components aging, inserted 17ohm resistor between bias diodes and distortion is gone. Voltage on 0.47ohm resistor is now 5.2mVsound is clean.

Comment

Working...
          X