Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: yldouright's Soap Box

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 286/0
    Given: 378/0
    Quote Originally Posted by J M Fahey View Post
    You guys really LOVE to keep dead threads rolling, don´t you?

The last 12 posts are NOT yldr related, are NOT by him, are NOT answering him one way or the other, just shooting the breeze about TV playback issues, universal Truth , conspiracy, fake news, etc.

The big offender being Steve Ahola who wrote SIX of them, or 50% and directly or indirectly caused most of the others.

Steve, if you have anything to post, and it is NOT YLDR related, why the heck do you write it HERE?
    Why did you create an YLDR exclusive thread then?

I am being tempted to un-ignore yldr, answer him, and let him turn the shit spreading fan on again.
    I'm in total agreement with NOT "poking the bear" as they say. Why the hell would we want to invite a pariah to the podium?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...less ear-friendly but handy for jazz." Leo_Gnardo

"A pedal, any kind, will not make a Guitar player more dangerous than he already is." J M Fahey

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"A shot gun delivers a force that exceeds the operational range of most systems, such as pumpkins." Antigua

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/26
    Given: 69/43
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H
    Why the hell would we want to invite a pariah to the podium?
    Pariah seems a bit strong for someone only trying to bring a fresh perspective to the membership but you're entitled to your opinion however misguided it may be.

@gmaslin
    I've read some of your posts and I'm happy to find another critic of the status quo on this forum. Please accept my invitation to join me here in this thread and tell me what you think of the links you find in my posts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You make your mind up on what you believe so knowing what's true is key.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by yldouright View Post
    Pariah seems a bit strong for someone only trying to bring a fresh perspective to the membership but you're entitled to your opinion however misguided it may be.

@gmaslin
    I've read some of your posts and I'm happy to find another critic of the status quo on this forum. Please accept my invitation to join me here in this thread and tell me what you think of the links you find in my posts.
    I am responding to you directly for (what I think is) the first, and will be the only time. I've often found your perspective compelling and I've enjoyed some of your sharp criticism of political and cultural norms and the chastising of our sleeping and lazy consciousness. You manage to stay remarkably even tempered in high tension moments too. The mark of a true pro, BUT...

There is something else happening too and you know what it is. You prefer conflict to construct. You enjoy being discordant. I'd even be willing to bet that if there were nothing here for you to counter you would go somewhere where there was. Understand that you cannot change minds with this behavior. It's nearly impossible to change minds even trying to do it carefully. Beside that, you don't really want to change minds and you didn't come here to enlighten us. You lit here because there was conflict to enjoy. People intelligent enough to offer argument you could sink your teeth into. Even your glad handed and polite response to my less than kind (if honest) assessment of your position above is really only an invitation to debate. I'm not interested. My own personal views hold that such behaviors are invariably counterproductive and I have enough trouble keeping my life and spirituality going forward without taking huge, undetermined amounts of time to go sideways. And I'm sorry for you (and others) that this behavior which brings you happiness has to be something that so unpleasant and alienating.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"A pedal, any kind, will not make a Guitar player more dangerous than he already is." J M Fahey

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"A shot gun delivers a force that exceeds the operational range of most systems, such as pumpkins." Antigua

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 118/21
    Given: 143/9
    Response to Chuck H, not the other guy!

Chuck, you broke your own rule?
    So the saga Continues!

The sign of good trolling, is to be able to push your buttons, so you just have to respond.
    So far it's working!
    T

Last edited by big_teee; 08-12-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    “When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.” WILL ROGERS

Keep Rockin! B_T
    Terry

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 347/5
    Given: 356/5
    Dear Chuck: absolute waste of time, sorry.

You are asking a madman to reason: a futile task.

EDIT:

a) what bigtee said

b):
    "I won´t be tickled! ... I won´t be tickled! ... I won´t be tickled! ... I won´t be tickled! ... I won´t be tickled! ...
    JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI JI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

c) the only sane way to play this game is not to play it.

Last edited by J M Fahey; 08-12-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Thumbs Up/Down
    Juan and Terry,

My rules are mine to break It's a lazy Sunday for me. I'll mention that you two responding to MY response, or any discussion directly addressed or otherwise is equally detrimental to the common good. I did mention that it was to be the one and only time and I'll adhere to that. And just to keep things on track I'm not going to post indirectly on the matter anymore either

Old Timer
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 110/1
    Given: 222/4
    Now get offa my lawn with your crazy theories & seemingly-unlikely-suppositions-masquerading-as-facts, you whippersnappers!

Jusrin

"... If an older Boogie and classic Marshall had a (clearly illegitimate) child and you baked it in an oven set to clown shit crazy." - Chuck H. -
    "When receiving a shock I emit a strange loud high pitched girlish squeak." - Alex R -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 437/1
    Given: 0/0
    So if you want folks to stop posting, them a steady stream of "Hey, stop posting" alarms seems counter-productive.

I think Chuck eloquently described what I call simply: intellectually dishonest.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 14/0

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H
    There is something else happening too and you know what it is. You prefer conflict to construct. You enjoy being discordant. I'd even be willing to bet that if there were nothing here for you to counter you would go somewhere where there was. Understand that you cannot change minds with this behavior. It's nearly impossible to change minds even trying to do it carefully. Beside that, you don't really want to change minds and you didn't come here to enlighten us. You lit here because there was conflict to enjoy. People intelligent enough to offer argument you could sink your teeth into. Even your glad handed and polite response to my less than kind (if honest) assessment of your position above is really only an invitation to debate. I'm not interested. My own personal views hold that such behaviors are invariably counterproductive and I have enough trouble keeping my life and spirituality going forward without taking huge, undetermined amounts of time to go sideways. And I'm sorry for you (and others) that this behavior which brings you happiness has to be something that so unpleasant and alienating.
    I'm going to risk validating the general impression that I argue for argument sake alone and say that:

1. I'm provacative for a purpose.
    2. I derive no sadistic joy from the intellectual strain I impose on others with my arguments. It's work for me too.

You have accurately described my modus operandi but misinterpreted its aim. Yes, people are recalcitrant about change particularly if they don't experience the harm their beliefs are creating but that doesn't make the effort futile as you suggest in your post. Minds change when they are ready to but they will never change unless the seed of doubt that can cause that change is planted (exposed to their consciousness). I feel the reaction of the membership to resist me much less now than at my onset here. This is an indication that I am no longer dismissed outrightly and at least some of you are entertaining the possibility I'm not a complete loon. There will be certain die hards just like there are never Trumpers but I'm not concerned about them. My plan is to reach those that haven't lost their ability to think past what they're told by what they deem authority and enable them to take on the mantle of their own authority, as our creation intended.

I think @Steve A. deserves some credit for this by forcing me to put up or shut up in a spotlighted thread. I took the gamble that I might fall on my face in the stark light but it seems the same evidence I've been exposed to has caused a similar reaction in at least some of you as it did in me. I should tell you it wasn't an immediate alarm for me either but I was exposed much earlier to these alternative sources of information than many of you and I've had time to sort out the chaff from the wheat. When I post links, you are getting sources I have found reliable through much painful and ongoing vetting. Part of that ongoing vetting is exposing what I believe to other minds for their review/feedback.

In addition to this, I've posted links that give the membership opportunity to get involved in forming our world such as the petition to pardon Julian Assange. Here is one more link in my effort to do what's constructive. I'm not an all talk and no action kind of guy and I'm doing what I can to remind you of the power you have when you use it.

At this point, some of you should stop all the posts of how unworthy of any attention I am and just admit my posts are entertaining, intellectually stimulating and good for the forum

Last edited by yldouright; 08-13-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 232/0
    Given: 438/0
    Quote Originally Posted by yldouright View Post
    my posts are entertaining, intellectually stimulating and good for the forum
    This is an electronics (music) forum. Your posts add nothing.
    We are all here for electronics first, the off topic stuff is just a diversion. Everyone here would still be here if off topic stuff was banned EXCEPT FOR YOU.
    This is the biggest reason for the opposition to you on this forum. We don't know you and we don't want to, because you are not interested in the prime purpose of the forum.
    You want to use it as social media. That is not what it is.
    Probably, the only success you will have on this forum is to be the only actual person who could manage to get the off-topic stuff banned.
    Ironically, maybe this is a good thing.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The voices in my head are idiots!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 7/0
    Quote Originally Posted by g1 View Post
    This is an electrosic) forum. Your posts add nothing.
    We are all here for electronics first, the off topic stuff is just a diversion. Everyone here would still be here if off topic stuff was banned EXCEPT FOR YOU.
    This is the biggest reason for the opposition to you on this forum. We don't know you and we don't want to, because you are not interested in the prime purpose of the forum.
    You want to use it as social media. That is not what it is.
    Probably, the only success you will have on this forum is to be the only actual person who could manage to get the off-topic stuff banned.
    Ironically, maybe this is a good thing.
    I don't think banning off topic would be good. You folks like to chat about things other than "work" like any well rounded individuals.

I've thought of contributions to off topic threads. One more way to share what I know. In the spirit of the forum.

Steve A. mentioned he wanted to start a thread on Jesus, I was looking forward to it. Not to tirelessly try to promulgate my views as if I'm his chosen spokesperson, but to see what other people think and share my thoughts.

You find out who your friends are when you're down, you learn more from your mistakes than your successes, and you develop character going through the bad stuff. In other words what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

This forum- all of us, are being tested by adversity. We've all got this far, I figure this group will deal successfully with this challenge.

Let's not let the forum be changed for the worse because it's been challenged.

"Thermionic Apocalypse" -JT nickb's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 108/0
    Given: 67/0
    I hesitate to post, but this did make me smile. What if Inf0Wars is actually another establishment tool?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...establishment/

Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 437/1
    Given: 0/0
    The ultimate conspiracy theory. ALL conspiracies are really conspiracies themselves. YAY!!.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 110/0
    Given: 77/0
    You guys really LOVE to keep dead threads rolling, don´t you?

The last 12 posts are NOT yldr related, are NOT by him, are NOT answering him one way or the other, just shooting the breeze about TV playback issues, universal Truth , conspiracy, fake news, etc.

The big offender being Steve Ahola who wrote SIX of them, or 50% and directly or indirectly caused most of the others.

Steve, if you have anything to post, and it is NOT YLDR related, why the heck do you write it HERE?
    Why did you create an YLDR exclusive thread then?

I am being tempted to un-ignore yldr, answer him, and let him turn the shit spreading fan on again.
    You might have noticed that all SIX of my posts that you referenced have been replies to prior posts from members other than yldouright (who is on my Ignore List.) I've been hospitalized for 15 days now due to bad reactions to the meds I'd been taking since ER visits April 17 and 25 for a pulmonary embolism and Class III congestive heart failure. You may have also noticed that I was hardly making any posts here for quite awhie and was catching up with replies to posts from our regulars in this thread, which was covered by the second phrase of the "mission statement" you quoted...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A. View Post
    This thread is set aside for posts from yldouright and discussions thereof.
    Yea, sure ...

Steve A.

P.S. I think of the posts in thread that are completey unrelated to yldouright and his posts as being like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant to establish its ownership — or in our case like a pack of dogs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original-23400-1401930641-7.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	505.7 KB 
ID:	50058

Last edited by Steve A.; 08-14-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    @Steve A.
    I'm sorry to hear about your continuing ailments and I continue to include you in my prayers but please look into the micro buffered aspirin I mentioned in an earlier post. We are lost, not for lack of solutions but for lack of understanding.

I've hinted at some of things that happen when you have unopposed power and spiritual bankruptcy but Mr. David Icke paints the gory picture well enough here.

Last edited by yldouright; 08-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 12/0
    I was a bit shocked to see you name me here. I popped in here just to see why you get so much anti. So far, the only thing I see that's possibly objectionable is your wordiness. It makes you sound like a pompous ass. I'm not saying you are but maybe that's it. As far as your content, I'm on board with some of your posts but the alien stuff...I don't know what to say. Everything in my head tells me to shut it off but I can't reason logically why I should. I'm completely unbalanced by the first two links in this thread and I still don't know what to make of them or you. You don't sound like the typical crazy space cadets who are rampant in the UFO community but OMG, really?

Thumbs Up/Down
    @gmaslin
    Thank you for taking the time to view my video links. I encourage ALL the membership here to view/download them all before they disappear as others have already started to. You need to understand what happens to a person when their truth parameters are challenged so dramatically. It's kind of like catching a cheating spouse in bed with another, the event is so traumatic and blows apart so many things you relied upon as true that you refuse to acknowledge it EVEN AFTER SEEING IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES and HEARING IT WITH YOUR OWN EARS! It doesn't matter how much it explains all the troubling things that never made sense before, you will make every effort to reject it because it is so painful to admit how badly your trust has been betrayed. For others who value their mental acuity, it is the shame of having been duped that prevents them from acknowledging what eventually becomes obvious to them. The problem lies in all the harm that is done waiting for that to happen and that's why I post. I've said this before, I am the fire alarm disturbing your pleasant slumber. You should be one too.

Thread Information