Peavey Ultra 60 clean channel only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ultra 60 clean channel only

I picked up a Peavey Ultra 60 (410 combo) and initially it was changing between the clean and Ultra channel, but now it is not.
    The clean channel works but when I press the channel button I hear a relay click but I do not get any sound out of the Ultra channel. If I press the button again it goes back to the clean channel and sound comes out.
    I did some reading and I would guess it is a relay, but I am unsure which one or how to test it.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

A relay COULD be the problem, but then so could ANYTHING in the Ultra channel. A bad relay could keep a good Ultra channel from sounding, but just as likely a good relay would switch to an Ultra channel that was not working. Apply a steady signal to the input. I use a CD player to keep my hands free. Then trace the signal through the bad channel to see where it disappears.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I pulled out the new tubes I just installed one by one and found a bad one. That was the issue.

Comment

Dup post
        Last edited by evilive69; 08-10-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X