Peavey KB100 Hum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
    If the ground switch is a 3 position type, then placing the toggle in the middle position will disconnect the capacitor from the circuit.
    All 3 positions have the same hum noise with no audible changes. I am wondering if one of the caps is not working. Or if this is even related to my hum issue.

Thank you.

Comment

Those caps are not likely related.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

At this point I think the noise is not related to a KB100 issue. I plugged into a guitar amp and had the same background hum (not as loud). Even the XR680S will have a slight hum if I crank the channel volume to 8+. I think the KB100 is much more sensitive (and much louder) than all the other amps. What leaves me scratching my head is that I never noticed this before with any other KB amps I have had in that space and now I will have to use the DI box to mitigate the hum.

At least I fixed my op amp rail voltages which I do not think I would have known there was a problem with if I had not been digging around for the hum issue.

Thanks to everyone for the help. If anything changes I will update this thread.

MC

Comment

Working...
        X