"Standard" replacement transistors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Standard" replacement transistors?

I really hate cross-referencing obsolete or rare transistors, mostly the driver and power transistors. In other threads I've seen some of the experts mention some transitors that they buy in larger quantities and have on hand that are pretty good general replacements. Kind of like the NTE system but with quality parts. Thought it might be nice to have a thread that captures them. Bonus points for transistors that are common and cheap.

I will try to go and find some of the other posts.

Greg

Here's one of those more recent posts:
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...l=1#post503955
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

For generic TO3's we used to stock MJ15024 & MJ15025
      For TO220, TIP31C and TIP32C, MJE15031 & MJE15032
      There may be better or cheaper options available now.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I knew there was reason why I wanted this thread to exist. Quoted from mikepukmel

guitardad another thought: Many of the people on this blog are serious, long time, professional electronics wizards. You might start a thread with: "What is the top 20 or 25 transistor types that you see in music electronics circuits...". and see what kind of responses you get. You might end up buying bulk of a few types taht are most used, rather than a big box of lots of different types, many you won't use.

Comment

Whenever I'm ordering parts for something, I consider the likelihood of needing those parts again. If you're going to pay shipping on an order, you might as well get some extras unless it's some oddball thing you may never need again. It doesn't take long to build decent inventory if you do it this way.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
          X