Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solid State Pyle Guitar Amp repairable after short circuit?--only hums & pilot lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Pyle Guitar Amp repairable after short circuit?--only hums & pilot lite

Is this Solid State Pyle-pro PVAMP30 30-watt Guitar Amp repairable after a possible short circuit?--The amp only hums & the pilot lite comes on.

I needed to demo a Denon AVR-4800 home theater amp [250 watts per channel] for a buyer,but I had no speaker available.
    In a hurry, I connected the Denon amp speaker outputs to the Pyle guitar speaker input clips,
    but did not disconnect the spade end plugs that lead from the Pyle guitar amp section to the guitar speaker input clips.
    And I accidentally powered on the Pyle guitar amp.

Increasing the volume at the Denon amp I finally heard a screech & maybe a pop.
    Now the Pyle guitar amp only hums,& there’s no amplification--the pilot lite comes on [so the fuse is still good].

Did I cause a short circuit? & Is the amp repairable?

I opened up Pyle guitar amp section [I WAS careful to unplug the power cable first & not to touch the capacitors.]

I don’t see or smell any damage & I don’t see a 2nd fuse.
    Last edited by Roark; 08-19-2018, 10:41 PM.

Yes, you blew out the power amp on your guitar amp. I can't imagine not being able to repair it. But that is with it in front of me. Whether we can fix it with your hands remotely is another story.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Yes, you blew out the power amp on your guitar amp. I can't imagine not being able to repair it. But that is with it in front of me. Whether we can fix it with your hands remotely is another story.
      I'm willing to try! PS What chance is there that I damaged the Denon?

Should I post pictures of the PVAMP30 30-watt Guitar Amp Circuit Board?
      I have looked for, but not found, schematics for the PVAMP30 30-watt Guitar Amp

PS: The other amp = Denon is working.
      Last edited by Boss; 08-21-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Who knows? Does the Denon still work?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Who knows? Does the Denon still work?
          Yes! but I only tested (with headphones) the radio & the DVD input channel I had been using. I'm not sure how to begin. Do you want me to post photos of the amp circuit board & try to find schematics?
          Last edited by Boss; 08-21-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Personally I don't care about photos, but a schematic is necessary.

You connected the outputs together, they are all I'd worry about, the inputs ought not be affected. Headphones may not be an output test if they have separate drive.

Comment

I would recommend you check for DC at the output terminals of the Denon before you connect it to another speaker.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

How do I proceed? Should I post photos of circuit board? I have looked, but not found schematics
                Last edited by Boss; 08-21-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X