Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Man "sixty-five" bass head?

Newbie seeks Sage

I've had this one for years and am doing a cosmetic restoration on it. I've always wondered how prevalant (relevant to Music Man) these were. My Tele couldn't sound any better thru anything else. It's got one channel (L) with two inputs labeled "Normal" and one (R) 2 inputs, labeled "Bass". No frills, trem. or reverb, just "bright" and "deep" selectors. I've seen "sixty-five" combos in 2x10 and 2x12 with trem. and some with verb I think. I've come across heads with similar configs. But nothing just like this guy. Did they market it as a bass head or guitar or both? I'm looking for a replacement badge for it and any help in pinning down the year it was born. Any info. general or specific greatly appreciated. Here are some specs:

chasis # 2100-65 (no ref. anywhere to model #)
    serial # AN00272

Thanks,
    Taverman

I've got a head just like that. Serial number of mine is AN013xx so they made a few of them. It was a low powered bass head meant to be teamed with a 1x15 cab with sort of a horn shaped port. There was also a 2x12 cab with the port and a 4x12 guitar cab. Sort of like the blackface bassman, could be used for guitar or bass.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
    X