My Kingdom for some Allparts-style P90 bobbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kingdom for some Allparts-style P90 bobbins

Anybody have 10 or 15 they'd be willing to sell? E-mail me at zhangbucker@yahoo.com.

Try this company:

http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/item--...style--PROD430

I have used these myself.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Are their Alnico magnets quite good ? Alnico 5 ?

Comment

I've never used them but it's worth a punt.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

When was the last time you ordered from them, Spence? I tried to pen an account but they said they don't outside the US anymore. Hell, they even stopped shipping to Canada. Seems that they lose so many items. StewMac doesn't seem to be experiencing this kind of problem.

Comment

I last used them about 6 months ago. No prblem then but maybe things have changed.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Allparts Uk has some at the mo or is that no good to you Zhangliqun.
              Good Idea the bag over your head Spence. I do that as it give the other half more scope.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                Allparts Uk has some at the mo or is that no good to you Zhangliqun.
                Good Idea the bag over your head Spence. I do that as it give the other half more scope.
                I just try to avoid being recognised by people who want me silenced.
                By all accounts Sam Lee Guy has to do this to avoid being acosted by pickup making Triad gangs.
                I guess I never thought it might get my lower half more attention but I shall try wearing the bag in the house from now on and see if my missus to pays more attention......
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

yeah but i bet the inside of your bag Spence don't smell like a number 43 with fried rice.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                    yeah but i bet the inside of your bag Spence don't smell like a number 43 with fried rice.
                    You mean flied lice?
                    -Stan
                    ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                    Stan Hinesley Pickups
                    FaceBook

Comment

oh yeah velly solly me comprete plick.
                      Going back to the thread I just bought some p90 bobbins from allparts UK to run some molds and you would think they would clean all the flashing off of them at source but then they were probably only pennies from the factory and allparts meagre markup doesn't allow for final cleaning up.

Comment

Hey stop slamming my bag. If I'd know you were a bag facist I woudn't have shared any of this with you jonson!

BTW, have you tried P90 bobbins done old style ? Oh and check this :

Click image for larger version

Name:	early P90 soapbar 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	811180

Nice vacuum formed covers just like the ones I make only a little rougher if anything.
                        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

yep they look the biz and homemade glued up bobbins by the look of it. just had a pop at a Parker Fly, now thats an unusuall HB bobbin and bottom plate set up. But as I was saying at £2.18 a bobbin in the UK for an injected drop out, at least they could clean them up. I'll clean all the excess off and send it back they can prob make some more with it.

Comment

That's just such a bleedin' rip-off. I'm seriously thinking of making olds style black perspex bobbins.
                            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Yeah been doing the same and made some for Nigel and he found them ok it is quick enough to saw the bits up. Just wanted some for molds but have to spend an hour cleaning them up. If I intended making p90s as a pup and not just some bobbins then cheaper to buy a few hundred at a couple of quid a piece out of Korea and throw the wire and mag away and keep the bobbin and cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X