Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone repairs

EV microphone, dead.
    Tried the setscrew with really good screwdriver, no luck even with pliers assisting non-rotation and >50lbs. force squarely on the screwslot.
    whoever put that in has vise-grip hands or used locktite...rediculous.
    @@r@te I manages to drill that screw out and have the XLR pins and associated R/C on PCB out of the tube end.
    Now I can see tweeny wires go up the tube to the diaphram assembly.
    Solid Construction on the mic handle/screen assembly, Flex-twisting and rotation are met with no-budge-resistance, no movement whatsoever between the screen and the tube. [Rubber skin/outer tube came right off].
    Is there a way to get to the diaphram without destroying more of the mic?
    Somethings been clunking around under the screen for ..a 'while.

Um, Pete... you do realize that the screw that retains the XLR rotates in reverse of common screws? Turning it clockwise brings the screw UP to hold the XLR tighter in place. Turning it CCW makes it go down to free the connector.

WHAT MIC are we talking about?

Is there a band around the middle of the wind ball? Many EV mics are threaded there, meaning that mid band is where the top and bottom of the ball separate. Possible here?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Is there a band around the middle of the wind ball? Many EV mics are threaded there, meaning that mid band is where the top and bottom of the ball separate. Possible here?\
      Sure is...and black wire repaired fixed it.
      glue, then elec. tape wrapped around the whole inner 'ball' assembly.
      Mic goes back together with new foam ring mount between the inner ball assembly and the screen ball.
      XLR put in place and epoxy used where screw was drilled out...I believe it dripped across the back of the pinplate to other side of tube surface, seems to be in there pretty solidly.
      Works again ! thanks again !!

Comment

Um, Pete... you do realize that the screw that retains the XLR rotates in reverse of common screws?
        I was wondering about that too, first time I tried to open up a mic that screw gave me fits for about 5 minutes until I realized it had to be left handed threads. And I seem to forget about it ever time I have to re-solder a mic cable and try it right handed the first few seconds until it sinks in...

Glad you got it working though.
        Why do I drive way out here to view the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

My Photography - http://billy-griffis-jr.artistwebsites.com/

Comment

Working...
        X