Looking for Alamo amp schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Alamo amp schematic

I'm looking for a schematic for an Alamo amp but, unfortunately, I don't know the model name of this amp. It has 2x 6V6 power tubes, a 5Y3 rectifier tube and 5 smaller (preamp) tubes: a 7199, 3x 12AX7 and a 6U8A. It has a single 12" speaker, reverb and tremolo and two channels. I believe this same amp and circuit was also available with 2x 10" speakers. I have a schematic for a similar amp, an Alamo Montclair (without reverb and minus the 6U8A tube) but it is different from mine in more than just a few ways. If you have a schematic or any info on this amp, I'd much appreciate a copy or the info.

Thanks in adv,

Bob M.

Schematic Heaven has four others plus yours.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You're right, Enzo. Schematic Heaven has them but unfortunately, not the amp I have. And more unfortunately, the 4 preamp tube model and the 5 preamp tube model aren't that related, schematically.

Comment

Sorry, only shot I got.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I appreciate your information, thanks!

Comment

Does it have a model number? 2565 = Montclair.

There was a 2x10 amp called the No. 2570 Electra, maybe that's the similar circuit.

Your amp has the same tubes as one of my Futura Reverbs, except for the output tubes. The Futura uses 7868s.

I have two of those amps, and both have what appears to be factory writing in ink over the tube charts, and I've seen a bunch on ebay with writing on the tube charts. It's like they were always in a transitional state. One of the Futuras uses an extra 12AX7 instead of the 6U8A...weird.

Comment

Still looking for schem? I will look in my pile for one. Hope to have it for you.

Comment

Hey, all.
                I know this is a super-old thread, but I was wondering if any one had an Alamo Montclair 2565 schematic that is different from the one on schematic heaven. I bought this amp a few months ago. It had to be recapped, and the guy I took it to got the reverb working again. Unfortunately, he could not get the tremolo to work for more than just a few minutes before it went out completely. He said the schematic on schematic heaven didn't match the amp I have. Mine has the following tubes: 5AR4 6V6 6V6 7025(marked as a 12AX7 inside the amp, but the tube is a 7025). If I'm not mistaken, my amp is from the 1970s (it has a particleboard baffle). Any information would be great. Thanks, folks.

Comment

Working...
                X