red knob the twin clean channel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red knob the twin clean channel....

recently my twin distorts (kinda fuzzy sound) on the clean channel. the funny thing is, that its only on about 4 notes (it's not the guitar ;-) ), and only if i hit it hard, or if the volume of the clean channel is way up.
    it has that fuzzy sound, until the sound gets below a certain volume-level, and then it stops suddenly. on the "hot" channel i don't have that problem.

could this be preamp-tube related, or is it some other problem?
    and if it's the tube, are they easy to replace?

thanks

fixed the problem.
    it was a power tube (the same buzz started on the crunch channel too). so i put i some sovteks and now it sounds great again.

BTW: i run it on 2 tubes, but you don't have to pull the two inner tubes, but the second and the fourth (counting from left to right). even though it says differently in the manual...

and f***, this thing has 11 tubes in it....does anyone know what for???

Comment

Each channel has its own tubes, plus the reverb tubes plus the trem tubes. They all add up.

To run on two tubes, you just need to pull one from the left pair and one from the right pair. Doesn't matter which.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X