Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Unity series 1002 mixer take apart..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Unity series 1002 mixer take apart..

This Mixer is a 12 channel and I need to replace one of the LXRs on the board.How do you split the case apart? Peavey sent me a schematic but no diagram for taking apart. Theres some screws on top and side bumpers that won't come off. Don't want to break this sucker. Please help with the secret disassembly method...... Thanks pb

What would make you look at it say, "Oh no, they couldn't expect me to do THAT could they?"

The plastic end pieces should come off with a couple screws. There is a large metal top panel and a large metal bottom panel. The top panel is where all the knobs are, and the bottom panel is where things are mounted.

I think there is a plastic moulding strip along the rear filling the gap between the panels. Tap it out one end. And I think there is a moulding along the front too. Remove it. You should be able to peek inside now through the small spaces revealed.

Look on the bottom. Are there a bunch of round black plastic bumps? Those are the bottoms of the springy plastic things that mount the main circuit board to the bottom panel. To get at things, you'll need to remove the top panel.

Yes, that means all the knobs have to come off. The 1002 is one of the smaller ones isn't it? Lucky soul. Once the upper panel is off, the board is exposed. Now to get the board out to get to the solder side, you have to free all those black plastic thingies sticking through holes in the board. The little pionts that stick through a hole and then spread a little to keep from backing out. Squeeze them and pop the board up. Work from one corner across the board, try to keep the first ones from snapping back down as you work away from them.

I know there are some screws involved to, but I don't recal exactly where they are.

It is no secret, just a lot of work. Imagine the faces on someone who brings one of those to my shop wanting one little control in the middle replaced when I tell them how much labor is going to be involved.

DO you mean the XLR mic connectors?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo.

I give it a try tonight. Yes XLR my dislex is showing. pb

Comment

Working...
      X